GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 99 Suburban and the rear door contacts for the defroster and such are not not working correctly. Apparently the springs in them are bad and they are staying pushed in all of the time. Does anyone know a way to fix them or what they are really called so I can look for new ones?

·
Registered
8 Posts
JS:

Don't know if you still need this but...

For 1999 Suburban with rear barn doors you can view an online catalog [for lots of other GM vehicles too] at www.gmpartsclub.com

1. Contact-right hand on body #37-0927 with rear barn door defrost: $44.95

2. Contact-right hand on body #37-0929 without rear barn door defrost: $18.95

VERY helpful in getting a price ... not so helpful in getting GM part number. www.gmpartsclub.com is another source for online catalog info.

HTH (hope this helps)

·
Registered
333 Posts
The Easy Fix may work for you

There are two kinds of Barn-door Burb owners: Those who have addressed this problem and those who will. Usually it's just dirty contacts, and stuck plungers are full of crud.
An easy cure may be no farther than the #2 yellow pencil in our pocket. Use the eraser to clean and burnish the contact faces. Then use the business end to 'write' lubricant on the plunger shafts. You may have to manually reciprocate them a while until they operate smoothly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody have more info on these button switches for rear barn doors? Part numbers and links above are no good. Well one link is okay but it only goes to 2000 my truck is a 99. Mine are shot like the original poster above I've clean them a billion times their junk.... Springs are shot. My rear doors will not lock no rear defrost. I can't find these or I'm just not looking them up with the right name. I don't know what to call them I've tried door jamb switches I've tried barn door switches etc...
I can't find them? Can anyone help?

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,792 Posts
Apparently yes they’re still available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apparently yes they’re still available.

HEY ~ The LEFT-SIDE contact block is seen, however the RIGHT-SIDE one hasn't been avail' for some time......Am I missing something???
BTW where did your part/price screen capture (one with green In-Stock text) posted above exactly come from?
Thx for clearing this up for old me! ~ MARK

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,792 Posts
I put it in my shopping cart on the LMC web page at the time of the original post, I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts