GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'd like to know why I dont have an alert for this thread. I should be subscribed as I replied.

Ya theres no fricken way putting aluminum between 2 pieces of steel would ever last. The wobble is still there and it would act like a ball peen hammer every time the wheel turned. Smashing the aluminum thinner and thinner. Your probably lucky you didnt loose the tire and kill someone.

Take your truck to a mechanic!

Al
It's aluminum, not lead solder. It can resist compressive forces. The wheels themselves are made of aluminum and the lug nuts bear right down on them with no steel sandwich to spread out the point load. After 5k miles the lug nuts were all still tight.

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Your lucky. Is this something you would tell your insurance company? Nothing goes in between a wheel and where it's supposed to go. Not even wheel spacers, they are absolutely Not legal. Period.

I know no one gives a **** about being legal but dont **** around with how a wheel is attached to a vehicle.

Al

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Your lucky. Is this something you would tell your insurance company? Nothing goes in between a wheel and where it's supposed to go. Not even wheel spacers, they are absolutely Not legal. Period.

I know no one gives a ** about being legal but dont ** around with how a wheel is attached to a vehicle.

Al
Well I came here to ask if it was a dumb idea, then came back to confess that it was dumb idea, and now you're reaffirming that it was a dumb idea. So I guess I have no grounds to debate you. BUT, wheel spacers ARE legal in most places here in the U.S.A. (I'll take your word on Canadian law). Also, they're usually aluminum, and they don't crush like hammered play-doh.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts