GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Busy day. Battery died, replaced it. E-fans would not go off. Aux. switch was stuck on. I had 3 cargo light switches, so I replaced the Aux switch for the E-fans, and the switch for the Aux reverse lights, so I have 3 cargo light switches now Ha Ha. Ill have to post up some pics. And I also remover the grill, and zip tied the trans cooler in place again, and I reprogrammed the ECM with my Jet flash tuner. Set to MAX performance, of course.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Kenny are those oem cargo light switches? The black wire on the back is illumination, tie that to the positive output and it will illuminate when the switch is on, well if the bulb isn't burnt out that is. I have 2 switches, one for led projector lenses i installed in the original cargo light position, they stick out of the lense slightly and are siliconed in place. The other is for 2 leds that i soldered to some wire and tucked them into the cargo light, they function as the oem cargo lights. i did this last week and im really happy with it. I would like to do something similar on the Burb.

So yesterday i repaired a broken egr line on the sierra, at least i think thats what it is, from crank case across the motor to the exhaust manifold. Such paper thin metal, i should replace the entire thing but instead i grabbed a couple fittings, one for inside and one for outside and a couple strong hose clamps, it dosent leak anymore.

Well I'm off to get some oil for the burb to do an oil change on her today, possibly pick up a starter solenoid for the sierra but may just get an entire starter after doing the burbs and the starter welding itself inoperable 6 months later... depends on price.

Have a good one eh!

Al

Reactions: kennythewelder

·
Super Moderator
6,542 Posts
Changed the Supercharger pulley and belt, and finished plumbing in a Bosch water/alcohol mist injector.
Feels like more power, we'll see when we tune on the dyno later today.
Went from 4lbs of boost to 7lbs.
If I can get around 400hp and 415lbs torque I'll be happy.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kenny are those oem cargo light switches? The black wire on the back is illumination, tie that to the positive output and it will illuminate when the switch is on, well if the bulb isn't burnt out that is. I have 2 switches, one for led projector lenses i installed in the original cargo light position, they stick out of the lense slightly and are siliconed in place. The other is for 2 leds that i soldered to some wire and tucked them into the cargo light, they function as the oem cargo lights. i did this last week and im really happy with it. I would like to do something similar on the Burb.

So yesterday i repaired a broken egr line on the sierra, at least i think thats what it is, from crank case across the motor to the exhaust manifold. Such paper thin metal, i should replace the entire thing but instead i grabbed a couple fittings, one for inside and one for outside and a couple strong hose clamps, it dosent leak anymore.

Well I'm off to get some oil for the burb to do an oil change on her today, possibly pick up a starter solenoid for the sierra but may just get an entire starter after doing the burbs and the starter welding itself inoperable 6 months later... depends on price.

Have a good one eh!

Al
Yes, there are OE switches I got out of the junk yard. Good idea about the illumination.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Not a dad-gum thing the whole weekend that I had planned! But I did get the plow put together and installed on my 4 wheeler, and my water softener torn apart and back together and working. Gotta love YouTube! I also got my small utility shed cleaned out and organized.....that project was years in the making!

Hopefully next weekend I'll actually get to the Suburban to do list.

Reactions: kennythewelder

·
Registered
150 Posts
Had my 08 Silverado 3500HD Duramax tuned on Friday. Simple 40hp increase and activated the turbo brake when in tow mode. Towed the skid steer home this weekend over two mountains in West Virginia and never touched the brakes. Didn't know until recently that the variable vane turbo could be programmed to work like an exhaust brake. Wish I had the truck tuned a long time ago.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Thank you, It began life after it was sold to a woman who owned a ranch in SW Texas. It was bought from Mustang Chevrolet in San Antone TX. in 1988 and stayed on the ranch for about 5 years before she used it on the road. She used it till she passed in 2011, and her son who was a CPA in Casper WY and I bought it from him. It has always been really clean and it never has a single spot of rust and never in an accident. But it did have a lot of hailball dents, and we replaced the hood as it was more cost effective to just start from scratch on a fresh surface. I put a new starter on it and new oversized sway bars front and back as well as all the springs, bushings and related parts. It doesn't have coils springs instead it has leaf. The ride is stiff but once I get enough miles on it they should soften somewhat. And the bodywork and new body mounts were replaced when we took the body off the frame, not high like 5 inches. And the painting took 3 months and another 3 months in the winter of 2014 to cure properly. And I put the light blue pinstripe on it once done. I'll never take on another job this big but the results are stunning. I can't stop for gas without someone coming up and asking about it. So it's my second restoration the other being my 1990 1500 Silverado pickup. But thank you for your kind words.
SANY0180.JPG
SANY0618.JPG

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
That truck is pampered! He has it sitting on it's own set of coasters inside the garage! 50 years from now JT will still be driving that and it will look exactly like it does now. That's how you take care of something!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
My family and I went for a 3 hour drive today in the Burb and finally picked her up a new set of very decent used tires on gmc polished aluminum rims with perfect hubcaps. (you can tell Im Canadian because I tell distance by time LOL.) now these rims need some work but nothing I cant handle. nitrogen filled Bridgstone Dueler A/T in very good condition! I kinda screwed up on the size but its only off by 3.9% compared to OEM which I believe is acceptable. If anything for how this truck is primarily used it just means its guna be even better on fuel than it already is and well I guess I will need a new spare tire. it was to dark to install when we finally got home from the road trip and I didn't want to rush through it since I have new brake pads and components for the rear. I should probably also get new drums since I haven't replaced these yet since I have owned the truck, they were in perfect condition however but I will have to wait for payday to get drums. hmm drums arnt hard to change so I may just put these tires and pads on tomorrow anyways.

the BFG A/Ts on the truck seem to have developed a vibration and it looks like a couple of them may have broken belts, the other 2 look perfect but I can not find any used tires to replace them with. at $350 these tires/rims are well worth it!

Al

Screenshot_2018-11-11-19-36-55.png

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Looks nice Al,

But just to set you straight, telling distance by time is more Ontarian than Canadian, haha
For those who know what a UP'er is........(@Lerch98, @Flyinfool)

One day there was this UP'er talking to a rancher from Texas. The Texan said "My ranch is so big it takes me 3 days to drive from one end to the other!" The UP'er smiled and said "Ya,eh. I yoosta own a truk lik dat too!"

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Got them on last night just in time for the white shyt that falls from the sky. The rear brakes look good, no need to rush to get them done but i have everything to getter done and the drums dont need replacing. tooker for a drive and the vibration is gone! Completly.

Oh piece of mind!

Later.... Al

Screenshot_2018-11-13-13-21-00.png

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Hahaha you should see my white sierra.... if it wasn't for the black fender flares i couldn't even find it. LOL ;)

Al

Reactions: Tim M and RayVoy

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Finally cleaned about 1.5 months worth of being in fields off of it, and took this pic because of the randomness of coming out of Walmart at 11pm and low and behold my first truck was parked just a few spots away

Attachments

1 - 20 of 101 Posts