GM Truck Club Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
You’re right, Peter.

I made this one. I had one on my ‘94 that went with the truck when I sold it. Decided to do the same for the new build and couldn’t buy one any more so I scavenged a literal stainless salad bowl!

3DA92399-D492-43FF-89BB-7007AFA76B6A.jpeg
68653F34-FE74-4A30-B6F0-C61AE58220AC.jpeg
8AF565EC-034B-4A10-8EA6-09C46F1C27BB.jpeg

I traced a line around the base the approximate diameter and cut the hole. A bit of trim fit testing got it right. I used a small diameter vacuum line cut to provide a gasket surface and prevent me from cutting my hands when removing it.

I traced it on the bottom of the air cleaner housing and trimmed it to fit. As you can see, I formed the throat into the top of the bowl to allow the air to flow freely. Brass fittings and rubber gaskets made the crankcase vent. As a final touch, I removed most of the obstructions on the top of the throttle body.

Oh, and I removed the resonator and replaced it with 4” aluminum flex.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I made this one. I had one on my ‘94 that went with the truck when I sold it. Decided to do the same for the new build and couldn’t buy one any more so I scavenged a literal stainless salad bowl!
Looks good! There was a thread going around about a year ago, IIRC (maybe on GMT400) with guys doing that. I've been thinking about doing it for a while, who knows I may try my hand at it someday. Did you do anything else to your TB like the rest of the "ultimate mods"?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Just the few things shown here. Had to turn the gauge 90° to clear the bowl and air cleaner. Pod spacer and then most of the opening around the ports that sticks up from the platform. Also put in a 14psi regulator spring. The biggest improvements by far besides the fact that the truck was born with a 4.3 and it now has a .040 over 5.7, were the Melling MTC-1 cam and headers.

TBI mod.PNG

One small note: The bowl wasn't on here originally as you can still see the paper gasket.

It was also born with 3.73's so I'm very pleased with how it runs and pulls. New NV3500 was needed because the original couldn't handle the increase in torque.

I never ventured into much beyond these like modifying the butterfly or a custom tune. I'm told by some very reliable folks both here and on another forum I frequent that a custom tune may do me even more good. Not sure I'm ready for that yet.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Just the few things shown here. Had to turn the gauge 90° to clear the bowl and air cleaner. Pod spacer and then most of the opening around the ports that sticks up from the platform
My TB is bored out to 46mm, shaved butterfly shaft, along with the horns and spacer like yours. Right now I'm running an 18LB spring at 20PSI with an AFPR. You may need more fuel down the road too.

I'm told by some very reliable folks both here and on another forum I frequent that a custom tune may do me even more good. Not sure I'm ready for that yet.
Yeah, a tune will help your setup tremendously. I seem to remember you were contemplating going to the EBL Flash2?

New NV3500 was needed because the original couldn't handle the increase in torque.
It's funny how that works, improve somewhere and you expose another weak link elsewhere. After modifying my engine, I blew my 700R4 trans. Now I have a "Stage 2", 600HP rated trans with a 2300 - 2500RPM TC. We'll see how long it Lasts, LOL.

Fun stuff!

·
Registered
394 Posts
got new Tires and wheels this past week! now it has me lookin at replacing my front bumper to knock off more chrome, and finish the look.

·
Registered
73 Posts
got new Tires and wheels this past week! now it has me lookin at replacing my front bumper to knock off more chrome, and finish the look.
Thats a good looking truck!!! What year? 2015?

God Bless America!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yep, 2015. Bought new! Only things I want to do to her now is replace the front bumper, and possible supercharge her once paid off.
Heck yeah!! How many miles? I love that generation of silverado. Also, what supercharger would you do? Centrifugal?

God Bless America!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Heck yeah!! How many miles? I love that generation of silverado. Also, what supercharger would you do? Centrifugal?

God Bless America!!
Just over 76,500 miles on her now. I was looking at either an Edelbrock system, or Magnuson sysem. This new shop I found is an authorized dealer of Magnuson, so I gotta do so research on em before I decide which one to go for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Tried to bleed the brakes on my suburban. Found out my master cylinder is shot.
Added antifreeze because I replaced the water pump gaskets. Upper rad hose took itself out.
Replaced the drivers side interior door handle. Passenger side broke.
Today was a good day.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks man! Its bugged me for a while now, so I figured now is the perfect time with the engine bay empty.
Yup. its the little things like that. What year is the truck? That's a good looking ride! Perfect ride height and tire size!

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's an 04 Avalanche. 6" fabtech and 315/16/75 STT Pros. I lost a cam bearing a few weeks back so I'm rebuilding the motor right now. Figured I might as well clean up the hard to reach areas while I can get to them.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts