GM Truck Club Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
The above post reminded me that on the weekend it restored the headlight lens on Mrs RayVoy's Astra.

Used Mequiars Headlight Restoration kit, very impressed with the results

View attachment 166556

Before

View attachment 166557

After
Dang!!! I found that if you use turtle wax medium polisher and paper towel it works well to.... That looks awesome though!!!

·
Registered
13,454 Posts
Thanks, hers were pretty bad.

The kit came with 1000 and 3000 grit sanding disks and liquid polish with a drill mounted buffing pad.

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
At almost 250,000 miles, my AC blower motor was making so much noise, that I changed it tonight. I did the resistor about a month ago or so. When I pulled the old motor, it was still very warm. After installing the new motor, and putting everything back to geteher, I cranked up the truck, and put the AC on high. Wow what a difference. Its been a long time since my AC blew that hard.

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Well, I didn't think I was going to cross this road this soon, But it's time to take the dashboard apart again. Seems the "Insert pane with the Silverado nameplate" Needs to be replaced, and there isn't anyway to get to it but from behind, and that means taking the dash pad off the Blazer. But this is one job I don't like ! GM made these early K5 Blazer interiorss pretty cheap as it was, but trying to fix one 30 years later. . . Well good thing it's in the garage ! I'm saying my prays tonight.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Gave ol tank his semi annual bath, a new black bow tie, and AVS in-channel vent visors. Also got a custom fit reflective windshield shade. Remote start going in next week. I’ll be ready for the Texas summer this year!
C8ACA50B-FC5D-47F1-9C64-6A45CBBF29E5.jpeg
F5203361-43B5-4B2F-8785-8E58FD73E966.jpeg

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks y’all! @autonoob yes they are Steelcraft 5” premium ovals. Wheel to wheel.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
A pic is worth 1000 words, so this is what happened when I was pulling in to get my lunch, ( lower ball joint). Thank God it didnt happen when I was haulin ass, and it didnt damage the fender and door. I had is towed home, took the afternoon off and just finished fixing it. I started at about 1:30 PM and finished at about 8:45 PM. Changed lower control arm, inner tie rod end and tie rod sleave. I got the alignment some what close. I used a 8 foot 2X4 to align it. Just put it on the rotor with the steering wheel straight. I will have it aligned Saturday.
20200504_121127.jpg

·
Registered
245 Posts
Geez Kenny, that’s one heck of a Monday. Sorry you had such a day but glad you got it fixed. Your truck is amazing!

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
A pic is worth 1000 words, so this is what happened when I was pulling in to get my lunch, ( lower ball joint). Thank God it didnt happen when I was haulin ass, and it didnt damage the fender and door. I had is towed home, took the afternoon off and just finished fixing it. I started at about 1:30 PM and finished at about 8:45 PM. Changed lower control arm, inner tie rod end and tie rod sleave. I got the alignment some what close. I used a 8 foot 2X4 to align it. Just put it on the rotor with the steering wheel straight. I will have it aligned Saturday. View attachment 166600
Got to grease the front end up Kenny ! I just did my 90 last month. Had a little problem on the passengers side, but I got it done. They say a pert is permanently sealed and greased ??? I get a drill and few zerk fittings and make sure it gets greased every so often.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Vote ZR2 Bison on the youtube community page

·
Registered
245 Posts
Tried to re-spool my winch straight and found out my isolated battery was dead. Put a Duralast Gold on it, winch works again! And truck starts quicker. Can’t believe that Optima Red top was turning the big block over by itself, especially with all the stuff I have running on reserve power!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got my truck a Helo wheels at 4WheelOnline, Helo Rims are creatively designed to improve the looks of any Car, truck, SUV or Crossover. Their goal is to exceed the expectations of their customers by building their wheels using only quality and the most durable materials. Helo designs their wheels to be modern and stylish, whether your truck is stock, lowered or lifted, Helos truck rims look great on anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2016 and I racked up tons of miles so I need to flush everything out....Changed every fluid in my Silverado 2500 6.6 L, oil, tranny fluid, wix filter, cabin filter, and coolant using all of these
2016 CHEVROLET TRUCKS SILVERADO 2500 HD PICKUP recommended synthetic oil and filter

and installing this tomorrow, Ranch Hand brand, never heard of it but looks great....check it out.
Ranch Hand® - Legend Series Black Grille Guard
a bit pricey but I love it!
That grill is sweet. Perfect for off roading.

Wow... I haven't used that oil in a while. A friend of mine had left over after he traded his car in and it wasn't compatible with the new car he got, so he gave it all to me. I didn't know that they made oil filters and tranny fluid. Cool beans! I've always wondered how you got that stuff since I've never seen it in the stores. I'm gonna give it another try for my next oil change.

Let us know how that grill works. I had one similar on a truck many years back and it helped a lot with the brush. I always had zero damage to my grill or headlights. Sometimes works well when bashing a garbage can or two! 😆:ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Got to grease the front end up Kenny ! I just did my 90 last month. Had a little problem on the passengers side, but I got it done. They say a pert is permanently sealed and greased ??? I get a drill and few zerk fittings and make sure it gets greased every so often.
And today, since you can't go anywhere, I was trying to figure out what to do with the steering wheel in my 88 Blazer, and I got a steering wheel cover from fleabay, it was the right size and right color, so that took me about a hour and a half, but it makes a world of difference to the old skinny wheel. And it looks and feels a lot better. Hope to knock down some miles on saturday, taking a little trip to the Atlantic Ocean.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And today, since you can't go anywhere, I was trying to figure out what to do with the steering wheel in my 88 Blazer, and I got a steering wheel cover from fleabay, it was the right size and right color, so that took me about a hour and a half, but it makes a world of difference to the old skinny wheel. And it looks and feels a lot better. Hope to knock down some miles on saturday, taking a little trip to the Atlantic Ocean.
I wish they made new steering wheels that were easy to replace. I like the feel of the factory one. I just hate it when they get all worn out and nasty looking.

81 - 100 of 104 Posts