GM Truck Club Forum banner

501 - 520 of 568 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a nurse for 30 years, I have three grown sons and one wife (#3). I was born here in Florida, did a few years in the Navy then found my way back home and have been here ever since. I was lucky enough to find a 1995 one owner C1500 (5.7L) with only 96,000 miles on the clock at a reasonable price. So far I've only done a few minor things, replaced a window regulator, blower motor resistor, door hinge pins, driver side interior door panel (the rest of the interior was/is almost perfect). I had a 97 Silverado several years ago, loved it, should've kept it, life is full of regrets....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I work on helicopters and bmws. Well, now a sonoma, also.

Helicopters I get paid to work on, the rest, just for "fun".

I also cycle. I ride a lightning p38

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just curious what type of diversity we have in this group?

What are your passions/hobbies other than the suburbon?

I am a terminal fisherman and am working on a street rod, 1946 Chevy pickup. (4 door crew cab version ;-))

I also have a 1927 Studebaker Dictator, all original.

Maybe that has something to do with why I keep "upgrading the burbon"....
Maintenance tech for a tire manufacturing plant

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ski. My wife and I run a ski news and review website, Pugski.com. When we are not on the computer, we are on the snow or traveling to get on the snow. Our main travel vehicle is a 08 Yukon XL SLT that we coined the S.S. Pugski.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Pump mechanic past 30 yrs and getting out Very soon. I collect old vintage stuff especially bicycles as I had up to 40 at one time and now down to 20...old Schwinns, etc. I'm also working on a WWII Harley XA which is close to 90% original and hope to finish very soon. I've taken on too many projects over the years and never got around to finishing any and now realizing it's time for all of it to go. So, once I retire I will sell everything so I have less to none to take w me when I move to nowhere land...
few of my antiques....

Attachments

Reactions: superj

·
Registered
16 Posts
Pump mechanic past 30 yrs and getting out Very soon. I collect old vintage stuff especially bicycles as I had up to 40 at one time and now down to 20...old Schwinns, etc. I'm also working on a WWII Harley XA which is close to 90% original and hope to finish very soon. I've taken on too many projects over the years and never got around to finishing any and now realizing it's time for all of it to go. So, once I retire I will sell everything so I have less to none to take w me when I move to nowhere land...
few of my antiques....
Sweet Fastbak. I had a red one. Better than the Krates because they weren't nearly as heavy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious what type of diversity we have in this group?

What are your passions/hobbies other than the suburbon?

I am a terminal fisherman and am working on a street rod, 1946 Chevy pickup. (4 door crew cab version ;-))

I also have a 1927 Studebaker Dictator, all original.

Maybe that has something to do with why I keep "upgrading the burbon"....

Whatsup Guys! Just joined. I work for a digital marketing agency and also love surfing. Try get out everyday because doing something you enjoy at-least for a few hours a day is crucial, am i right or am i right!? Cool community here I've been enjoying the posts!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I worked as a mechanic since '76 after going to college & getting my degree . I lived out west till late '80''s before moving to Wis. , Since I've had multiple hip surgeries , I haven't worked on as many cars as I used too .
Currently I'm working on a 2000 4dr. 4.3 GMC Jimmy

·
Registered
1999 GMC Sierra K2500
52 Posts
I’m still in school, but for the summer I am working with my dad in his body shop, and will most likely continue after school.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,099 Posts
I’m still in school, but for the summer I am working with my dad in his body shop, and will most likely continue after school.
Howdy and welcome. Your dad raised you right, Son. Keep on truckin’!

Reactions: SierraK2500

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am an Environmental Services Director for a large property management company. I love working on cars & trucks. I love to hunt & fish , hike & spend time outdoors.
Why does this sound like a dating profile ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mechanical engineer. Run the validation lab and machine shop at the design center I work at. We develop thermal and airflow management systems for diesel engines.
1967 C20 is my project truck. Sat for several years at my Dad's place. Son and I went and got it this summer. It does run and drive but obviously needs some work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a System Engineer for a major healthcare software company in the Midwest by day. I play drums for my church's worship team and golf every Monday and every other weekend.

I just purchased a 2011 Silverado from a dealership that is a one owner and had a 5 page Carfax report! The guy took meticulous car of this truck!
The Qs 2011 Chevy Silverado.jpg

501 - 520 of 568 Posts