GM Truck Club Forum banner

541 - 560 of 560 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious what type of diversity we have in this group?

What are your passions/hobbies other than the suburbon?

I am a terminal fisherman and am working on a street rod, 1946 Chevy pickup. (4 door crew cab version ;-))

I also have a 1927 Studebaker Dictator, all original.

Maybe that has something to do with why I keep "upgrading the burbon"....

·
Registered
1998 S-10 LS ext cab, 4.3 Vortec 5spd M/T rwd
9 Posts
Will turn 70 in a few months, so I'm only a part-timer anymore; working in the office of a high end Bosch auto repair facility, catering primarily to the Euro-enthusiasts.
Spent just under 40 years with an industrial uniform rental company, then almost two years of almost nothing, before realizing how bored I was. And when the owner asked me to join the Bosch shop, the invitation was grand.
Mt two main side gigs are home landscaping (my own; not others) and Studebakers. Ive been driving Studebakers for nearly half a century, and am down to four. Three have won trophies and one is a project.

·
Registered
1998 S-10 LS ext cab, 4.3 Vortec 5spd M/T rwd
9 Posts
Will turn 70 in a few months, so I'm only a part-timer anymore; working in the office of a high end Bosch auto repair facility, catering primarily to the Euro-enthusiasts.
Spent just under 40 years with an industrial uniform rental company, then almost two years of almost nothing, before realizing how bored I was. And when the owner asked me to join the Bosch shop, the invitation was grand.
Mt two main side gigs are home landscaping (my own; not others) and Studebakers. Ive been driving Studebakers for nearly half a century, and am down to four. Three have won trophies and one is a project.
Oh yes! I forgot to mention; my '98 S-10 is my newest vehicle, and daily dependable, with just over 224,000 and still all original including exhaust. It originally came to Pennsylvania from Texas, and it has been my primary for eleven years.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi guys... My name is Bob Dreyer (aka fxchopper) I'm a retired trucker, and live just north of Buffalo Yew York. Been driving Suburbans for the past 25 years or so. The only ones I can really afford though are already 12-15 years old, so they usually need some work that I've so far been okay with... I'm an old school mechanic, but don't much about these new fangled electronic marvels of modern technology...Glad to be here, and hope you can help me with some issues I'll have along the way. I have a discussion going on right now in [Suburbans] about a 3 amp draw in my radio circuit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm 56 years old,and in great health, I currently am a heavy equipment operator for my Counties Road Department, I am the Chief of my towns local volunteer rescue /EMS Squad. I have been in Volunteer/paid emergency services for 39 years. Enjoy keeping my old GMC up to par, to pass it to the next generation.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, I'm 20 so still relatively young, I'm a Ford Diesel apprentice at a Ford Dealership but trust me, Always Chevy, I'm still very new to the Houston area so I dont really do much. I currently have a 1997 Chevy C2500 with the original 350 small block, she was my first truck, and Is still my daily.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, the site allows the use of Facebook to register, and having said that, my user name may come up as "Deborah", when in fact it is "Chris"...So, starting with what I do..I co-own a BBQ catering company..have for pulling up on three years now, and due to the Corona BS..I'm watching it disintegrate daily due to us not being able to work or cater events when the restriction dictates no gatherings of more than ten people.
I used to own a race/performance shop building chassis' and engines, specializing in "Mountain" motors, and had a TA/FC for the last five years I had the shop.
Have owned numerous trucks over the years, and my overall bucket list of vehicles has shrunk over the years to only one left...the next car I spec build will be a 41 Willys Coupe with a 550ci / 8-71 blown hemi..wides in back, skinnies up front, just a mellow, conservative, driver to take to the 7-11 for a slurpie now and then.
I now have a 98 k2500 Suburban with a big block, a 77 k25 Pickup with a late model LT1 converted to carb, TH400/NP205 that just went into the shop today for a new cab, fenders, interior.
Favorite driver was my 67 435/427 4 speed Corvette...old brutal power and non power everything is the way to take a drive to the coast in my opinion...feel the car, don't just rely on gauges, and this car you could feel every pebble in the road, every RPM , and every vibration. I'll get some pictures together and post later

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. New to the forum. I am a retired IBM engineer who also now runs a Web development company...small one just for local sites. Welcome - Wright Way Management Web Services I also used to play drums in several bands and was a full-time musician in my younger years. Been married 53 years and have 4 children and 7 grandchildren.
Have 4 vehicles, 2005 Chevy Express 3500 driving a Class C motorhome, 1993 Jeep GC 6cyc., 1995 Jeep Wrangler, 2000 Ford Expedition. All have over 100k miles but all run good except the Chevy express that wants to make me crazy with the ECU and smog setting problems.

·
Registered
93 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
10 Posts
Ok I'm another oldie at 67 been a Chevy man since i was 15 and got my first 54 chevy 2 dr hardtop. Retired from Sheetmetal Working and then a Maintenance tech till I turned 62. Have a nice 93 Silverado i got in 97 and it now has about 170,000. Nowadays just maintain my trucks and cars, practically live at the local Pick N Pull. my 93 silverado 001.JPG

·
Registered
93 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
10 Posts
I noticed a Silverado forum, but seemed to be only newer 99 -2020. Is there a particular forum for Silverados from 88-99?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New and first post. Retired twice Cajun and buying a project GMC truck tomorrow. 1994 GMC sierra 1500 ext. cab step side with 118,000 miles. Looking to focus on little things to get good mileage without towing in mind. Has TBI injection and 235/75R15" tire and rims.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Besides riving my 93 GMC that I bought new I drive my 77 C20, my 87 Silverado 10 350 short bed, or my 91 that I use for firewood and plowing my 1/4 mile drive way here in Michigan. I restore cars and trucks to pass the time then sell them to buy another.

541 - 560 of 560 Posts