GM Truck Club Forum banner

561 - 569 of 569 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Semi-retired.
I work part time at an accounting office. I scan tax returns and convert them to a digital format.
Previously I was in the auto transport and salvage business, and before that, I worked at, then managed, then owned the family blueprinting business.

Reactions: SierraK2500

·
Registered
1992 Chevrolet K1500 Cheyenne SC,LB,5-speed,5.7L
4 Posts
I'm a 42 yo Carpenter from Northern California. It gets harder and harder every day to call myself a carpenter lol, dont get me wrong I love being a carpenter but over the last number of years my career path has really branched out into something more akin to an artist, I guess lol. Lots of custom woodwork, but since I taught myself how to weld and bought a 100 year old anvil I've been doing a lot of metal work also. But the tip top consumer of my time is my 1992 K1500
Cheyenne SCLB. This week I converted her from stick to auto, NV3500s are getting difficult to come by in these parts unless you're willing to give up a child, I'm not haha. So in went a used 700r4 and currently I'm doing the two-step with the TV cable trying to dial in my shift points. Not fun stuff.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
695 Posts
I am a Principal Engineer for one of (if not the) largest concrete formwork companies in the world. I provide technical design support and QC for the Southeast over a team of 10 engineers and other national groups. I'm also local IT, site service, data analyst, web designer... Basically jack of all trades, master of none. I have been blessed to have a stable job throughout Covid. I now work out of my house on a temporary desk I built with spare parts from work. Not sure when we are returning to the office.

To give you an idea of the scale I'm working on, my last project required me to carry a 1,500,000# point load 40ft down to the ground. We have to support a 60ft cantilevered structure throughout construction of 8 or 9 levels because the building cannot support itself until finished.

When I'm not working, I'm trying to study for my PE licensing exam around my 3 children and tinkering on my truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Former architectural and landscape photographer turned non-profit concert promoter (presenter) for the local university. Holder of a few sub-14 minute runs on the Dragon (US 129) in East Tennessee, former Chattanooga Region SCCA C Street Prepared champion, and chaser of trout in east Tennessee and north Georgia. Hoping I've survived all of my "hold my beer" moments...

·
Registered
7 Posts
just joined today. I have been a plumber for 30 years, in the navy during the viet nam war. my MOS was engineman, that means i was a diesel mechanic. after the navy i was a service writer in an independent porsche shop. bought the 1996 k1500 last month. don't like how the brake pedal has so much travel so i replaced the master cylinder and booster, bled the brakes a bunch of times with the vacuum method. i'm still not happy with it.
also i'm concerned that the oil pressure gets too low after the engine warms up, like from 40 to 10 psi. i have found many of the posts here to be very helpful.

·
Premium Member
2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 5.3L
7 Posts
I have been Building Concrete Swimming Pools since I was 16 years old. And I’m now 55. My Dad was a Pool builder so I kind of grew up in the Business and Followed in his footsteps, My main trade was laying Tile and Coping so as of the last 6 months I took a step back and started laying tile in new Homes , All custom work and is very challenging but the satisfaction comes from seeing the finished product but all my life we drove Chevy trucks or GMC. And they would have 300,000plus miles and were still useable but were not a pleasant site for customers to see so we would get new ones, thank you

561 - 569 of 569 Posts