GM Truck Club Forum banner

What do you use your Suburban for? (You may choose more than one option)

• Daily Driver

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Weekend Warrior Mobile

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Towing only

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Create a road block to slow down the neighbor-hood traffic.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • All of the above

Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
No better vehicle for the weekend warrior!

·
Registered
52 Posts
i use mine to run people on their cell phone off the road.

but i really use mine daily, towing, carrying big objects. anything you could think off i do it in the burb

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
i use mine to run people on their cell phone off the road.

but i really use mine daily, towing, carrying big objects. anything you could think off i do it in the burb
Daily driver especially in the winter up here,

Weekend warrior mobile, got to have some fun,

Towing horse trailer,

Not much traffic to block this time of year but in the summer months we have a campground just a mile up our road, so it does come in handy then.

Seriously if it needs to get done. Chances are it get done with the Burb.

How many other vehicles can you put 20 or more sheets of ½” plywood in with all the nails and 2 X 4’s to build an out building on the farm. And not even see them.

I love it when I got a load like that and someone cuts me off.

Them there Mazda’s just turn into speed bumps.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pretty much confined to towing my 8500# travel trailer and the occasional 4WD emergency. Live in snow country at 7000', but daily drivers are front wheel drive Hyundais....35-38 mpg.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Mini mover

I use mine to bang around the Mojave Desert and move the occasional sofa.
Small cars usually survive getting run over, it's when I back up to check on them that they are a goner.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I use mine to bang around the Mojave Desert and move the occasional sofa.
Small cars usually survive getting run over, it's when I back up to check on them that they are a goner.
hehe :) Too true.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use my 1999 K1500 Suburban 4x4 for a daily driver, and recreational vehicle, I carry kayaks on top and fishing and camping gear in back with three kids and wife and drive it back in the woods, it has also acted as a backup work vehicle when my work van is in the shop, or for pulling a trailer of material.... it is by far the best vehicle i have ever owned...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use mine to tow the boat and kids on my days off, the wife use's it the rest of the time as a daily driver. Oh yeah- I love riding the bumber right up on to the trunk of those with there cell phones on. They can't move quick enough to get out of the way, love to see them try to switch lanes so quick and STILL keep holding that phone to thier ear.:biggrin:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a friend that moves alot so i use the Burb to help him.
For now it is a daily driver because i only live a few blocks from work but when i move that all might change.
I have used it to move plywood, dry wall, 2x4's, and a whole bunch of dogs :eek: but not all at the same time.
Weekend warrior when i have the time between my "to do list" and work.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
My Suburban has a few uses:
Towing toys and projects.
Shading the grass on the side yard.
And providing shelter from the rain for stray cats.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My Suburban has a few uses:
Towing toys and projects.
Shading the grass on the side yard.
And providing shelter from the rain for stray cats.
If your burb were human it would be quite the humanitarian.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
If it were human it probably wouldnt hang out with me.

Tim
lol! Good quip from the guy in Grand Prairie. You know, I lived in Grand Prairie for like 18 months and I still have a hard time spelling "Prairie"

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have a friend that moves alot so i use the Burb to help him.
For now it is a daily driver because i only live a few blocks from work but when i move that all might change.
I have used it to move plywood, dry wall, 2x4's, and a whole bunch of dogs :eek: but not all at the same time.
Weekend warrior when i have the time between my "to do list" and work.
You help your friend doing moving as a business ... or you help your restless friend to move his own stuff? :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have six kids ranging in age from a newborn to 14. We haul lots of cargo, up to 3 pallets at a time. We don't want to drive 2 cars at once.

Yeah, we pretty much will always need a Suburban. At least until the oldest girls leave for college.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts