GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 04 I'm currently using mid grade fuel, am I waisting my money or should I keep it up. The truck is running great but I've only owned it for 2 months and have only ran the mid grade.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I usually put in regular most of the time now. I gave up on super unleaded, I didn't see the point on an unmoded engine. My trailblazer runs on regular and runs perfect.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I have to agree with cableguy, just run unleaded unless your using a tuner/programmer that requires 91+ octane. Now I'm not gonna say its a waste of money because its not THAT much of a diffrence between regular but if thats what you like by all means go for it. :great:

·
Registered
527 Posts
The less ethanol in your gas the better mileage you will get. If you don't need the higher octane so it doesn't ping. You basically are wasting money. I hauled gas for 3 years and learned more than I want to know about it . LOL

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Regular unleaded Always.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Where did you guys dig this old thread up!? Haha... Anyway, it's a good topic.

I use regular unleaded and everything is running fine at 20,000 miles. I've read that the others are truly a waste of money (for several different reasons). I'm no expert so I can't verify that... just what I've heard.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I run Chevron 89 and that makes a huge difference in power compared to 89 from like circle K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts