GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,592 Posts
Frank, you should find that info by googling it. WheN I tried, the value ranged from $400 to $2100

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info. i think i can get more i have a guy wants to give me 7k for the truck.i dont want to sell it right know. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Well you really dont have enough info here to say what its worth. I did see where it has very low miles in another thread. The fact that it is a custom truck installed by truckusa doesnt effect the value that much one way or the other. Here are the facts. These trucks at this age are getting harder and harder to find. How many 90s model GM trucks do you see on the road in your area. These trucks are beloved. The fact that it is in such good shape is a big plus. Much more that the fact that it is a custom package truck. I would not take $7000 for it ether. When people offer to buy it at what seems like a low price, chances are, it is a low price. My 97 has a lot more miles on it (250,000 +) and it is in near mint condition. I would not take any less than $10,000 for my truck, and really dont know if I would even take that for it. At the end of the day, the truck is worth what someone else will pay for it. I got a statement from my insurance on my truck the other day. They valued it at $4500, but they have no idea what kind of shape my truck is in. That is just a value out of a book. Any vehicle that is 25 years old is a classic, and at 30 years old, it becomes an antique. Last year, I was at the corner store. This guy was impressed with my truck. He offered me $4500 for it. Is said no, its worth about $10,000, and its not for sale. He said, its very nice, but I own a car lot, and I need to make a profit, but your truck is very nice, and you should keep it. I have been putting my truck in some local car shows, and it always gets a lot of attention. Yea, its not a 69 Camaro, but anyone who has had one of these trucks knows just how special they are. Here are a few recent pics. My truck was repainted in 2013.

·
Premium Member
1,375 Posts
I agree 100% Kenny ! I have just hit 120.000. That's 19.000 miles since I restored it 10 years ago. A rebuilt Engine from Jasper, transmission overhauled locally and a posi-traction differential all done 19.000 miles ago. Also when the body work and restoration was complete. One of the workmen who did the concrete work on my home made me promise to call him if I ever decide to sell it. To me, it is a completely restored truck, it has a new truck ride and has the audio system upgraded and for anyone who rides in it keep saying "Wow this thing is like a new truck ?" So your truck is really worth a lot to a lot of people. One added increase in value to these 1990's trucks is they don't have all the techy stuff to go bad on you. There's no Active fuel management to drop dead on you leaving you and the new truck DOA by the side of the road. And these truck are built pretty tough, and they ( or at least in my case) aren't gas guzzlers, they run on regular and just keep on running ! I've never had one doubt about my truck going on a run to Atlantic City or going to Los Angeles ! I don't have a single doubt it would go the distance. That's why these trucks will always have a buyer if up for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts