GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to install a new set of plugs on my 98 silverado. i dont have a manual. i am looking for the proper spark plug gap for a vortec 5.7L?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay thanks. to be honest ive never changed plugs on a car/truck before, just powersports and power equipment where i always double check the gap.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I would still double check the gap on them. And if you are going with factory AC delco plugs which work well in the Vortec motor then absolutely be sure you check. I just did them on my 1988 and they were gaped at .45.. Just a heads up

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
OH no i meant the new ones out of the box were gapped at .45... just warning for a double check before installing the new ones.. The ones that came out were just plain old shot on my truck...

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Gotta love it.. they might actually be a bit different for the newer models... so who knows..

·
4,781 Posts
Gotta love it.. they might actually be a bit different for the newer models... so who knows..
On the A/C Delco Online parts Catalog it show the following.
On the,
1988 to 1995 Chevy's with the 5.7 liter..350....the Gap is 0.45

On the,
1996 to 1999 Chevy's with the 5.7 Liter...350...the Gap is .060

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
See hence why i was WAAAYYY off... HAHA oh well elasson learned

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Oh for sure.. I have so many buddies with GMs that this is a great place since ive worked on them and learned TBI, and vortec, however i do often forget that there are differences in all of them.. Fun learning. Not to mention a good place to bounce different ideas off of 36000 other people...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill be checking them to .060 when i get around to installing them. Im using NGK G-power plugs, and installing new NGK wire set. anyone else have any experience with these?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts