GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2WD, LT, LMG engine, All stock. 84,000 miles. A Florida truck, zero rust.
716 Posts
Maybe soon it'll morph into a smart phone holder. We have twenty cup holder in vehicles for the last twenty or more years but not one smart phone holder. Those wireless chargers don't count. Too low on the console.

Reactions: Motor City Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Weve got to badge in and out of my companys building and since im usually offsite working i dont always use my badge... so my company badge sits in the slot. with that being said i do think its pretty dumb considering anyone can look in and being that high up and next to the window, anyone could break in and steal it they wanted to. thats just wat i do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is nothing more than a use of space. That space is normally allocated for the electronic 4WD switch. If you have a W/T or any other trim with a good old fashioned mechanical lever in the floor, or a 2WD, then you have no switch there. In order to make some kind of use of that space, they went with a slot which can grip stuff. In other vehicles, GM would fill in missing spaces with little pockets, too shallow to actually hold anything useful and too tall to wedge anything into. I originally thought they were going to put an NFC valet card reader in there, to shut off four cylinders full-time when removed, but apparently that idea didn't fly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The card slot can be used to insert the cell phone holder shown here. Works like a charm: https://www.amazon.com/Chevrolet-Tr... phone holder&qid=1554132632&s=gateway&sr=8-3
Yes, the photos there also show one of those useless pockets. Not sure how I feel about the cell phone on the left near the window at night using GPS, but seems like someone will like it. I wouldn't bother with it anyway since I have the trailer "brake check" there and use it often on Mercs and Bimmers tailgating me for going the speed limit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts