GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what oil (brand) do you think is best in your burb or yukon xl? I'm looking specifically for a total synthetic. Tell me what you think!

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always heard Mobile 1 was a good choice. Why Royal Purple over Mobile 1?

· Registered
2,934 Posts
Well I still have a lot of time to decide. But I hear so many people singing the praises of RP. I like what I've read about it so far. In the end I'll probably see if anyone has done a comparison of Mobil1, and RP, and see how they stack up.
So as of right now, I don't have statistically proven reason for picking RP.
I may decide differently when the time comes to make that decision.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They both run about $6 + per quart don't they. Or have you found a website or store who sells them for less? Thx for the info Traildr.

· Registered
75 Posts
I've been using Valvoline syn in mines, and I love it. I posted up a thread about royal purple. I love the valvoline been nothing but a winner to me, felt like some power when I use that. royal purple cost so dag on much, I see advance auto sales it now..

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw Royal Purple today @ a Pep Boys for 6.99 per qt. I wounder if there is really that big a difference between one synt. to another?

· Registered
2,959 Posts
Since we're on this topic. I have 98000 KM on my TB how do I switch to synthetic or is it recommended to just switch. i.e. will I have any problems switching after using conventional all its life?

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've heard and read in different places that if you switch to a synthetic oil after years of running a reg. oil you may run into problems. It seems that a synthetic oil may expose leaks in an older engine that a non-synthetic may have natrually plugged up over the years. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.