GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for some replacement shocks for my burb and want to get your input.

96 GMC Suburban
K1500 4x4 Truck vault in back in place of third seat haul camping gear and the likes

Driving conditions mostly paved road some off road (live on dirt road)

Been looking at these

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=MON&MfrPartNumber=58612&PartType=50&PTSet=A

and these

http://www.autozone.com/R,APP818459...partType,00660/shopping/partProductDetail.htm

But Im open to suggestions Thanks!

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
I have Rancho RS9000x on my truck and they are great, however they are like 75 per shock which is expensive. My suggestion is either a Bilstein 5010 or skyjacker 7000 or 8000 shocks. the skyjacker i think are the cheapest and I have them on my wrangler, my brother has them on his cherokee, and all the other people i know who have them love them. and they are 33-40 a piece. Dont know much about the Bilstein but i have heard good things

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
*Bump'n for Bilstien*:great:

·
Registered
148 Posts
rancho 9000

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have just ordered a set of KYB monotubes. i have considred bilsteins for a while, but found post on KYBs saying how strong they are and how much they can raise the vehicle's front up. that did it.
i had very bad experience with adjustables before, they are either too stiff or too soft, and i am not racing, so why bother?

yes, they are $75 a pop, but didn't they teach you in the 1st grade that you always get what you paid for?
in general, monroe and ariel are total junk, they last about a month. like i said - what you pay for.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I know the price is high on the bilstien 5100's but I got mine from another forums for a group buy and I still like the way they ride ..nice and smooth on those highways and still rugged when i wanna do a little off roadin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts