GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanting some input fellas. I have about $250 or so I'm looking to put into the truck and thats about all I can spare at the moment. There are a couple of things I wanna do but I can only do about 1, so which option do you think I should go with? Some of my options are:

- A leveling kit (thinking skyjacker or Truxx)
- US Speedo Dayton gauges (white)
- Billet Grille (either carriage works or T Rex)
- New speakers (like 4 of them are blown out lol)
- 20% tinted windows
- Or save it towards a 3 inch lift in the future?

I CANT DECIDE!!

Thanks for any helps and tips!

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I would do window tint and also look into getting the stock tailgate spoiler to replace the chrome "accents" on the tailgate. Should be able to find one at a junkyard or on e-bay pretty cheap.

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Hey, this is fun spending your money, ha. Since your speakers are blown out I'd replace them first. Second I'd go with the window tint since it's summer & it will help to keep your interior cooler. Next choice would be lift & level.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
x2, speakers and tint.:great:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
X3 for speakers and tint :glasses:

·
Registered
717 Posts
any thing that will make you faster lol :glasses:

Grill and tint

·
Registered
830 Posts
I am going to say like the others is go for new speakers but I see in your sig that you want a flowmaster, well I think you should go ahead and get that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Go with the speakers and tint. You all ways need tunes to help with the time on the road. The tint to help keep things cooler in the cab and to keep people saying how is that in that Chevy truck.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd go with the exhaust too. Fork out few extra dollars for it.(work a little overtime one week, your truck will thank you)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well guys I made a decision. Getting my windows tinted 35% all around next Tuesday. Getting a shop in Dayton, Oh near where I live to do it for $100 labor and all! Not too shabby! I think my GM certification MIGHT cover my speaker problem but I'm not sure. My driver door speaker has been out since I bought the truck in December because I have never had a door chime... it's caused me to lock my keys in the truck twice lol.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would keep it stock, ride height. The wheels will corner better. And it's easier to get yourself in and out of the driver's seat.
excessive window tint looks bad to me. from a view point of Outside looking in. I like to be seen as I'm driving. Go with normal/ factory tint

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Well guys I made a decision. Getting my windows tinted 35% all around next Tuesday. Getting a shop near where I live in Dayton, Oh to do it for $100 labor and all! Not too shabby! I think my GM certification MIGHT cover my speaker problem but I'm not sure. My driver door speaker has been out since I bought the truck in December because I have never had a door chime... it's caused me to lock my keys in the truck twice lol.
I agree with going with the tint man! My first mod was tinting my windows since the back glass and two side windows came from the factory tinted except the passenger and driver front windows! I tinted the front passenger/driver to match the factory tint and then tinted 5% on top of that all the way around with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield! I love my truck being dark and keep's it cooler but not too much being i have a black truck! I guess you wanna spend money on factory tint i believe since it's 35% is very light tint but your getting a good deal i guess! Good luck with that you might wanna get them tinted darker in the future though lol!

·
Registered
39 Posts
put something on your truck

my dad always told me when i wanted to put something on my truck if they (meaning GMC ) thought that ( meaning what i was going to put on)should have been on there they would have put it on at the factory.
he got a new truck every year.
he did get the fancy cab. and chrome grills. he hauled MILK in cans.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Good call on the tints. Personally, I think the blacked out windows help the appearance a lot, breaks up the color a bit, otherwise all that red can be a bit much. Lookin good though

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with going with the tint man! My first mod was tinting my windows since the back glass and two side windows came from the factory tinted except the passenger and driver front windows! I tinted the front passenger/driver to match the factory tint and then tinted 5% on top of that all the way around with a 5% eyebrow on the windshield! I love my truck being dark and keep's it cooler but not too much being i have a black truck! I guess you wanna spend money on factory tint i believe since it's 35% is very light tint but your getting a good deal i guess! Good luck with that you might wanna get them tinted darker in the future though lol!
I've been thinkin about this comment and I never knew that the factory tint was 35%? If it is then I might have to go a little darker. I just didn't want to almost BLACK out my windows but I guess 20% aint toooo bad. Might have the get it 20 all the way around or at least 20 on the windshield and back glass. Thanks man

1 - 17 of 17 Posts