GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide what tires to buy for my 07 classic 3500 dually. Looking at toyo open country’s , hankook at2, Firestone destination, or Yokohama geolanders.( all 10 ply tires ). I drive a bit of gravel and pavement miles. I have a set of geolanders on my half ton pickup. They are wearing well but not to happy with their snow performance. What have y’all had good luck with? Any experience would be great!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Before anyone chimes in with a tire recommendation it would be helpful to know if your dually is 2wd or 4wd. Obviously the dually has twice the tire contact patch but also spreads the weight out more so under certain snowy conditions, crusted snow or icy, compact snow, you'll be skating all over the place if you only have 2wd so a tire with good snow and ice performance should be paramount in your decision.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a 4 wheel drive. Good point. Didn’t think to mention that! Although I hope to keep it out of the snow as much as possible. It’s a truck from Texas and has never seen Iowa’s ice melt

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
For better snow traction, narrow footprint is key. I had a K2500 that I kept mud/snow 235/85’s on for 10 years while in Wyoming and Utah. Not sure if they’ll work on dual rims, but they served me well. Can’t recall the brand though. I just put a set of Pirelli Scorpion ATR’s on the wife’s Explorer. I love them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts