GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I want to say hi because im knew to this forum, and second i want some suggestions. I have an 06 Silverado 4.8 Vortec. reg cab, long bed. I have a K&N cold air intake and a flowmaster exhaust. I am happy with the low drown i have right now but i dont have the power and pep when i put the peddle down that i want. This is my second truck and i dropped my first one which was a ford and it looked good but i want to go big with this one. I have a 3in spindle lift and 1 1/2 lift blocks on the leafs in back. Any suggestions on more lift and more power would be awsome! thanks to all!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Where to begin :). First off is your truck a 4x4 or 4x2. Anyways as far as going big. If you don't want to change your current setup with a brand new 7.5" kit then you could add a 3" body lift. If your not into the body lift (I'm not sold on them) then a 2" or so coil spring lift along with an aal in the rear will give you some more lift and tire clearance. If it's a 4x4 I believe you have torsion bars so give them a crank for a couple inches. As far as performance, you got a great start and if your going with a big lift and tires #1 on the list should be gears. depending on the size tire you wish to run. 3.73 all the way to 4.56. Then I'd throw on some headers. My buddy has an 06 4.8 and he really likes his gibson headers. A little pricey for the shorties but there well made. Also some high flow cats will help you out in the performance/sound area. Also programming will be a huge help and let you adjust for gear ratios and tire size changes. These are the basic bolt ons that will really get your truck moving. I have an 07 4.8 and these are all must do mods for my truck that will be on shortly. I also traded in my f150 for the GM. Well hope this helps and if you have any questions just hit me up. :great:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Im probably going to do the gears this summer.. im going to wait for after winter seeing as my truck is just a rwd. but thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts