GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that a lot of people just want to place to hangout on the web with other people they can talk trucks with.

Others come here for a specific purpose, to find information on something that's gone wrong with a vehicle, to get options on repair work or how-do-I's, or even to help troubleshoot faulty work in some cases.

What's the site worth to you? Have you saved any money because of information that you've found on here?

Just curious.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Very Valuable!

I frequent the site mostly to see whats new in the GM truck world as far as problems and fixes, questions that need answers (or common questions that I may have that get answered), and just plain fun to hang out with fellow Chevy truck owners who have many things in common with one another kind of like a "Network of Chevy Truck enthusiasts". I HAVE saved a lot of money by reading about "How-to's" and simple fixes to problems as well as great ideas and suggestions to improving my already great Chevy truck.:great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Indispensable, No money value can be placed on knowledge...

Siskel and Ebert give it 2 thumbs up...

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
a future idea, would be a chat room,so we can have a place to visit with each other :)
That made me laugh.

Not at you Jeff, or your idea. It's kind of an inside joke.
The kind where I've been nagging Steve about one (chat room) for some time now. I think he would agree that I used to be a pain in the a$$ about it.:lol:

As far as I know Steve already has something on the back burner for a chat room.:great:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thread hijackers.

(on a side note, I was about to upload a chat module, but my webhost went down over the weekend a couple of times and I couldn't upload anything)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Is it still down??? :lol:

I love the site and it has been a great source of info for me and my truck!

Thanks. :great:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well, regardless of the thread jacking, you guys keep me company while i'm out here surrounded by rice rocket fans and people who want to shoot me:gasp: Anyways, being able to chat with you guys is priceless, and makes life better out here. Thanks...:great: :party:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, regardless of the thread jacking, you guys keep me company while i'm out here surrounded by rice rocket fans and people who want to shoot me:gasp: Anyways, being able to chat with you guys is priceless, and makes life better out here. Thanks...:great: :party:
Well, I was going for something simple, like "I was going to replace my instrument panel for $600, but I found a post that told me my vehicle tended to have a couple of bad solder joints that cracked and short out. Thanks, you saved me $595."

I guess being a source of entertainment and diversion for our servicemen in Iraq is perhaps a better source of value than I could have ever hoped to achieve.

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Nomex not required here.

I've enjoyed sharing what little I do know about car repair and saved money on my DIY work. After reading info on the site, I've been motivated to try some repairs that I would have paid my mechanic to do. (Saved a bunch on some AC work.) One of the best qualities on the site is the low flame level. I've all but given up on another site that is flame city.:slap:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I've enjoyed sharing what little I do know about car repair and saved money on my DIY work. After reading info on the site, I've been motivated to try some repairs that I would have paid my mechanic to do. (Saved a bunch on some AC work.) One of the best qualities on the site is the low flame level. I've all but given up on another site that is flame city.:slap:
Here that sheriff Jamie?? You know what that means....Oh Steeeeve....can we mods have a raise for the fabulous job we're all doing here? :lol:

AC work kind of worries me. That's not a job I'd like to undertake. I'm more comfortable with tearing into my transmission than messing with chemicals that deplete the ozone. It's just my luck I'd vent the whole system.
But that's great that you felt empowered to tackle that task.:great:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Unplugged is right alot of sites just argue. I think its great here. Unplugged I consider a great value here...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts