GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about two days away from trading my Suburban for then exact same vehicle, only as a ext cab truck.

After spending about $3,500 bucks (just put 460$ in it for a starter last thursday) on parts and labor for everything from the thermostat to a brand new gas tank and all the fittings, now theres a grinding sound and clunking sound from under the truck.

The grinding only comes when i do about 50mph and never when I use the brakes

The clunking is very rare and usually when I turn into a driveway, but sometimes when I'm driving down the road.

My brother told me it could either be a ball joint or the u joints, which would explain the clunking. Anyone have any ideas on either? heres the info on the truck:

1994 GMC Suburban SLE 4x4 2500 454 129,000 miles

i'm not sure if this is allowed in the forums, but if anyone is interested in the truck, I'm looking for $3,500. Basically I want back what I invested and take $2,500 bath with the cost of the truck
[email protected]

·
Registered
109 Posts
is it a clucking noise or a clicking noise? if it happiens to be a clicking nosie it is most likely one of the front CV axles. grinding nose thats kinda hard to figure out though. check all your fluid levels ect. rear end, front diff, trans,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts