GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at the K&N but also saw an AFE stage 1. I have a 02 silverado 5.3L. and was wondering if the AFE Magnum Force stage 1 which guarantees 25 hp would be a good idea or just stick with K&N????

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
The AFE is a good system. I was reading about the AFE Magnum force Stage 2 and gains are up to 50HP
Here is a link
I have a AFE Stage 1 on my Duramax and will be swithing to a stage 2 soon now that I have a programmer and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
They are both great systems. I have K&N on my truck and love it and my bro has Afe on his dodge cummins and loves it.... however, the Afe is a dry filter I believe which is good because u wont have to worry about the mass air flow sensor getting messed up by the oiled ones like K&N

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would keep the stock system but I heard the Volant is nice.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I did a little bit of looking and afe keeps claiming " gains up to 50 hp (depending on application)". So far all I have been able to find is 19-21 hp dyno'd on dodge and tundra trucks.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I agree that you will never see that type of gains with your truck but the stage2 would show the most.

There are airbox mods you can also do to your stock system to improve airflow as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts