GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have leather seats in both my SUV and car. The seats are starting to wear on the car. Whats the best stuff to use on the seats to keep them from becoming too worn and cracking?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Melanie uses Saddle Soap on all her leather tack for the horses leather stuff.

You would not believe how good it makes some of this stuff that has sat in the barn all winter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have leather in my truck and i treat it with just regular armor all leather treatment that you can pick up at any autoparts store for like three bucks

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I use a two-step Meguires leather cleaner, the first step is the actual cleaner. And the second step is a protectant which contains aloe to make it nice and soft, after I'm done cleaning my truck smells like you walked inside of a Harley Davidson dealer!:lol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
depends

macguires wipes and cleaner are excellent, but if it is too bad you can get new factory leather seat covers for a couple hundred bucks.even most of the new leather seats in cars these days are just seat covers

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Someone will probably blast me for this but... I use the alcohol swabs to get out the bad spots. After all the spots are removed I follow up with McGuires leather cleaner / conditioner. I prefer this because it does not leave a shine, slippery surface or smell that lasts long. I hve used Armorall leather cleaner, ICE leather cleaner and something else I can't remember. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
leather products

I have used Connolly hide food on British vat-dyed leather for years with great success.
Most american leather is surfaced-dyed and it should work just as well , I am told.
Will try it on my 06 Suburban and post results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts