GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious what people get for gas mileage. I tend to get about 18 MPG and was wondering if that was about the normal amount that I should get.

·
Registered
404 Posts
RE: What

I get about 20 MPG, but I do mostly highway driving.

·
Registered
19 Posts

I get something crazy like 23+ on the freeway. I use the cruize all the time and of course, Florida is pretty flat so there aren't a bunch of hills to go up and down.

·
Registered
404 Posts

I live in a part of the country that has a lot of hills as well, and my gas mileage isn't as good as it is when I go somewhere that's not quite so up and down. Just part of life I guess.

·
Registered
404 Posts

Clocked something like 21-22 last month for mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts

I clocked it when I first bought the thing. I was averaging 18.5 MPG with a decent combo of city and highway driving. I figured that wasn't too bad at all for all that I got out of driving it. It's curious to see that other people are getting different MPGs.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Hmm, it's hot in Dallas too. Do a lot of start and stop driving down there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
The envoy sees it's fair share of traffic. Somtimes I-10 can be brutal ! This most definitely is the reason for the lower fuel mileage.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It looks like most people are getting about the same range of gas mileage. I think it does have to depend on a lot of how you drive and how much traffic you're in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright,

I am a newbie here but i want to put my two cents in after i saw Big John is from Santa Fe, i'm just a lil north of him and i have a 2005 Envoy XL. I get about 25-29 mpg!!! And i thought this mpg sucked, lol. This is no mistake, i check the mpg everytime i put gas, don't forget i put the premium gas, no cheap stuff, cuz i will get about 20-22 if i put bad gas in thurrr.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
That's pretty impressive if you get 25 MPG. I've never heard of anyone getting mileage anywhere near that. Do you have a hole in the floorboards and use your feet to get going to save on gas?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't know how nesto gets that kind of milege. That's hard to beleive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Cheri-
I'm in Seattle, and I get around 18mpg city and 21-22mpg highway. I have a K&N filter and an Airaid throttle body spacer as my only engine mods.

Glad to know another person from Seattle is interested in TB's!! :D

1 - 20 of 69 Posts