GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am about to buy an extcb 01 GMC sierra and i do not know what size tires i should get. i am going to lift the truck probably 5 inches and am thinking about getting 17 inch wheels i would like to get 20s but do not exactly want to spend a ton of money if i can make 17s or 18s look just as good. i want my wheels and tires to be wide and stick out a bit but not too much and i dont want too tall of a tire profile. can anyone please post pictures of lifted trucks with 17s or 18s and tell me what size tires are on them.

i know that the wheels in this pic are 20s but i would like my truck to be set up similar to this but i wanted to know if i could do it using 17s or 18s

Attachments

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
You can do it, you would just need a fairly wide tire but make sure you have enough clearance so that it doesn't rub on any suspension components or on the fenders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you know of any tire sizes i should get or look at? i dont know completely how the tire sizes work because they all confuse me.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Take a look at my latest photo album. Its a 6" lift with 35" tire and 17"x9 wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts