GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Anyone Out There Having Problems With Wheel Hubs On Gm Cars Or Trucks?

My Tahoe Is Has A Very Slight Noise Starting But I Also Own Two Chevy Malibus, One A 97 And The Other An 01 And Also My Daughter Has An 04 Alero And Between The Three Of Them I Have Had To Replace 8 Hubs. 4 Were For Bearing Noise Problems And 4 Have Been For Abs/ Traction Control/speed Sensor Failures. Anybody Know If This Is A Design Flaw And Will It Also Occur On My Tahoe? At 160 For The Part And 60 Bucks For Labor, These Things Aren't Cheap. Did Two Of Them Myself But Health Issues Have Pretty Much Stopped My Mechanic Days.

·
Registered
533 Posts
whats the year and how many miles you have on the tahoe?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My Tahoe Has 81,000 On It. My Other Chevrolet Vehicles Have 51000 And 137000. My Daughters Alero Is At 61000. The Tahoe Is Making The Same Wheel Noise As The Other Cars Did So I'm Fairly Certain It's The Hub. 4 Of The Hubs I've Already Had Replaced Had Abs Sensor Failure And The Rest Were For Bearing Failures. I Know The Hubs Take A Lot Of Stress But I Also Believe They Must Have A Design Flaw Or Something. I Have A 87 Full Size Jimmy And The Bearings In That Are Going Strong Still After 200000 Miles. Gary

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gary, if you happen to find out anything on the hubs let me know also. My sons 92 S-10 was going through about 4 hubs a year due to bearing failure.Sometimes it would make noise and other times it wouldn`t but the wheel would start leaning in at the top.At one time he had oversize wheels and tires on it and we thought maybe that was the problem so we put the stock wheels back on and still had hub failure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow thanks for posting that problem garys because we have the same problem. For now I will be waiting for the person who will give us solution for this one wheel hub are giving me headache.LOL but nice post!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts