GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find some pretty good deals on good used trucks, but they need work.
I don't want to talk to the dealerships $$$
Where do you shop for good new or used truck parts?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I FOUND A PLACE !!!!

centralauto.ca

·
Registered
136 Posts
Where do you shop for good used truck parts?
I don't know how old you are... I'm 60, and back in the day one could goto any junkyard... ask for a part... and if that junkyard didn't have it, they would send out a request, across the country via TELETYPE, to all other junkyards. Typically, within a few minutes, an answer (or several) would come back: "we've got it -- the price is". But I digress, just a bit...

Today, using http://www.car-part.com/ you get much the same service, only FASTER (and the "results page" has toll-free numbers, and email addresses, if you need further details or even additional parts). We have so many SALVAGE YARDS within a 50 mile radius of where I live, I could spend DAYS trying to visit (and/or call) all of them. Using this website (car-part.com) I've saved countless hours and many thousands of dollars. Give it a test-drive yourself (and pass it on)!

hth - karl

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Karl
That's exactly the website I used and found Central Trux LOL.
I'm 48 :lol: And I remember teletype LOL

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cum'n guys... We're looking for sum more good ideas on some good locations for good used parts. I like the wrecking yards that I can go in and pick my own parts. They are becoming harder and harder to find.
Kijiji is a good place to find parts, as mentioned earlier. That is a site that is becoming more and more popular

·
Registered
19 Posts
In Ottawa we have a place called Kenny U-Pull....huge you pull it yard with hundreds of vehicles.
They have one In Ottawa and an even bigger one in Gatineau.
Amazing prices and lots of selection!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I think it's a question that people will always want answered so lets keep it up to date as a reference

I can't believe no one has mentioned Rock Auto yet.
They are a great site for parts that you'd normally have to get from the dealer at their inflated dealer prices.
Rock Auto has a great selection of parts, great prices, and the ship to Canada not only cheaply, but extremely fast.

In fact I think it was someone here that originally put me on to the company. I've bought quite a bit from them and have been very happy with every transaction.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Amazon works sometimes if you have part numbers. Also, lowriders.ca

·
Registered
58 Posts
Listed above, Kijiji and Amazon are one of the top places to get a great deal out of used parts. Kijiji for sure, you can get hitches, batteries for pretty cheap, but I question the quality at time. Amazon is pretty good, but it's inconsistent in prices. I agree with you wholeheartedly, dealerships are a scam and a half. I've have terrible run-ins with them and ridiculous bills afterwards.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd also like to add tdotperformance.ca, I haven't ordered from them yet personally but I am planning to once I have the money saved up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
by the way to update this, I've ordered from them twice and no issues so far. First order was nerf bars/side steps and second order was wind deflectors. Shipping to the Yukon took just as long as anyone else, all the pieces were there. Initial price may look expensive but shipping is included and you don't have to worry about Duty fees in Canada.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts