GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I got a call from the dealership I traded in my Tahoe at yesterday. Seems the County Treasurer mailed the title to ME instead of THEM. They were trying to sell the Tahoe but couldn't until I brought in the title. So, basically it got a turn-around of about 3 weeks at the dealer including prep time (detailing,etc). I wanted to look at it again, but it was off the lot at the time. I think one of the salesmen was driving it to/from home.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
That's the best way to make money. Bring it in, shine it up, and sell it for a profit.

Too bad about the title getting mailed to the wrong address. Not your fault though.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I had a friend who bought a 1977 Blazer with the 1/2 removable top on it. It had been freshly painted when he bought it and had new tires, etc. We went camping and a guy who was camping nearby jumped up ... "That's my old truck!". There were some extra add-ons that he recognized like a CB antenna, etc. He said that he beat that tar out of that truck and only got like $500 from the dealer when he sold it. My buddy bought it for like $4500, the dealer put maybe $1500 into it and it had only been sold like 4 weeks prior to when we went camping.

$2500 profit on one vehicle in 4 weeks is pretty good!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts