GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey
My engine light came on today on my 98 1500 GMC Sierra 2x4 i have my own code reader and the code that came up was P0141 which is an O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction Bank 1 sensor 2. Any idea on where this is located? Big deal or what? Could i fix it myself? and what do these sensors cost 02 are usually around $200 right?

any help is greatly appricated:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Hey
My engine light came on today on my 98 1500 GMC Sierra 2x4 i have my own code reader and the code that came up was P0141 which is an O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction Bank 1 sensor 2. Any idea on where this is located? Big deal or what? Could i fix it myself? and what do these sensors cost 02 are usually around $200 right?

any help is greatly appricated:biggrin:
Another peice of good advise. If you are going to do yourself make sure you are careful not to trash the threads getting it out (let penetrating oil sit for a bit on it) You could ruin the manifold. Or try heat first. Just go easy.
I broke my TB one and another car years ago Trailblazer cost me a mint to fix.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I researched it and it says Bank 1 refers to the side of the motor that the number 1 cylinder is, sensor 2 would be the second sensor from the motor on that side. Hope I didn't confuse you...oh my I need a nap now...zzzzzzzz

·
Registered
10 Posts
Check the cat its the o2 sensor on drivers side farthest from the engine should be one before the cat and one after and that is the problem one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts