GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this Silver 2010 Silverado Crew cab back in November. It has a leveling kit on it already. I am looking at putting some new tires on it. Mainly A/T or M/T. Any suggestions or does anyone has a similar truck with nice tires on it, I could look at?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Round tubeless pneumatic is the way to go.

Buying tires is like everything else. People have their favorite brands and styles. For quality tires, choose a good name brand like Michelin, General, Good Year, etc. Stay away from discount chains IMO

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. BFG or Toyo's. Both have great tires. A/T's hold small rocks and throw them up agaisnt the lower doors/rockers where as the M/T's don't seem to pick up the small rocks because of there larger openings between the tires lugs. Talking from expierinace.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
BFG All Terrain KO, BFG Mud Terrain KM2, Toyo Open Country M/T, Goodyear Wrangler MTR, Nitto Terra Grapplers and Nitto Trail Grapplers are all good tires for your application. It really depends on your budget. I have the the BFG All Terrain KO's and I couldn't be happier. Good off road traction and not noisy at all while on the highway.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got some Goodyear Duratracs and I researched alot before I bought them. They aren't the cheapest tire out there but the tread pattern is very aggressive A/T. I love them so far. Haven't been off-road yet but my buddy has them on his F-150 and it was night and day compared to the stock tires that came on his truck originally.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I have had the DuraTracs and now the Trail Grapps. The GY were 31.7X10.4 and the Nittos are 33.4X11.65

·
Registered
3 Posts
i put Goodyear wrangler mtr's on mine last april,they are quiet on the road and do great in the mud.but they were a bit pricey. i got the new design ones with the Kevlar,they handle great on the road

·
Registered
25 Posts
I personally think that, if youre near a pepboys, their definity brand tire is totally worth it. I had cooper discoverer at's on my yukon and they were terrible, slid everywhere in the lightest amount of snow. I got the definity dakota at's, for the sweet deal of buy three, get one for $1 instantly, and they lasted the entire, and probably worst winter upstate ny has seen in a few years. hell, i couldnt get her to slide in 2wd they were so grippy in the ice and snow. so im sure the definity dakota mt's would be as good, maybe better, however, the warrantee is slightly decreased, from 60k to 40k, and the speed rating has dropped as well from the at's. i would definitely buy those tires again.

Jon

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All great suggestions. I have one more question. When I bought the silverado (above) it came with the torsion keys turned. They did not replace them with after market keys. Should I replace my torsion keys with Readylift leveling keys? Will torsion leveling keys in the long run mess your front end up?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Your 2010 1500 does not have Tbars. But ReadyLift does make a nice level kit for your truck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I second Jon on the definity tires....I have them on my suburban and I love them.....I wanted to buy them for my silverado but they don't make the definity in an 18 inch tire....I was soo dissapointed......I am now looking at the Kelly safari tsr. I am just debating on the size tire I want to go with....good luck in your search for the perfect tire....

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nitto Terra Grapplers are pretty good and look really good on the newer silverado's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the leveling kit... You say my 2010 doesn't have torsion keys turned. So are you suggesting the dealership put a leveling kit on it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am running Kumho road venture ATs (KL-78) I love them so far i have about 12k on them and have used them in snow, ice and mud. I did a lot of research prior to purchasing. they are 10ply and have a pretty aggressive look in larger tire sizes. I bought 305/70R16 for $170.
30291-18inches-snow-arkansas.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
On the leveling kit... You say my 2010 doesn't have torsion keys turned. So are you suggesting the dealership put a leveling kit on it?
Your torsion keys are not turned because you do not have torsion keys, because you do not have torsion bars.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have had the DuraTracs and now the Trail Grapps. The GY were 31.7X10.4 and the Nittos are 33.4X11.65

I like those trail grappler's. Whats the size on those tires? I dont really understand the 33.4x11.65 thing lol. I do understand the 285/55/17 type lingo lol. I have a RC leveling kit I have yet to install and would like to keep my stock rims for now, so this setup you have seems to be more what I would like to do with mine. Any more road noise compared to the Goodyears?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I like those trail grappler's. Whats the size on those tires? I dont really understand the 33.4x11.65 thing lol. I do understand the 285/55/17 type lingo lol. I have a RC leveling kit I have yet to install and would like to keep my stock rims for now, so this setup you have seems to be more what I would like to do with mine. Any more road noise compared to the Goodyears?
If you look at the tire on the first pic it shows 295/70/17 on the tire. I don't think he has this setup anymore. There is some road noise, but its minimal compared to a mud terrain tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
BFG Mud Terrains would look pretty sick

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

or some tsl super swampers

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you look at the tire on the first pic it shows 295/70/17 on the tire. I don't think he has this setup anymore. There is some road noise, but its minimal compared to a mud terrain tire.
Good eye. I had to zoom in on that lol. I wonder how far it throws the speedometer off. I wonder if there was any trimming involved so it didn't rub at full lock. Might just stick with the 285/70/17s.. Those look sweet though. I better figure out what I want before the snow falls haha. I have goodyear wrangler AT/S on mine.. Came with the truck and still have decent tread on them. My explorer I had (traded in for my NNBS) had some Grabber AT2's that were great in snow. But I figure the trail grapplers would be better. I plan on getting an exhaust (probably 40 series flowmaster catback) so I am sure exhaust noise will trump tire road noise haha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts