GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious why everyone coming to this site has chosen to drive a Chevy Truck?

Reliability? Features? Durability? Style? Want to be king of the road?

Just curious. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I drive a chevy silverado because of style, performance, reliability, and because chevy is like a rock. I have driven fords and even a dodge, but nothing is like a chevy. I'd take an old rusted out fallin apart at the seams chevy over a brand new ford or dodge any day of the week and twice on sundays.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My first pickup was a 1962 GMC 3/4. She was beautiful! Had a 283 with a smooth 4-speed. I loved driving that truck. The engine was tired and needed to be replaced, so I got an old 350 4-bolt Police Special from a wrecking yard and set her up right.

Ended up having to pay for my college and get a more practical vehicle for commuting, so I sold her sometime around 1995 or so. Broke my heart.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
.... wow, look at this old thread ... I had to beg people to post back then, now we get 15,000 posts per month.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
All of the above! I don't know what it is about the GMC and Chevrolet body styles, but every body style, be it the 80's, the 90's, 99-02, ect. But they all stand out. They all look exceptional compared to the others. I also really like the durability and reliability. Not once for 9 years has my dad's truck not started, no matter what the temperature, this winter was especially cold, very commonly had -40 degree weather. Truck always started, and always drove. I also really like the features that the trucks have. My z71 has power seats windows locks tilt steering. Everything you would want in a truck(back in 2002), but even now days. I'll always drive a chevrolet or gmc gas vehicle. With the exception of a company vehicle. But if i had to get a diesel, i would like a duramax alot, but the cummins engines. They're in my mind, one of the best engines you can buy. We have one in the semi, and my dad loves it. But hey, if you got money, get a GM and drop a cummins in it if worst comes to worst.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
I grew up with Chevies on the farm, then when I bought my first one I was hooked! I've owned 3 or 4 of the "oval" brand, but keep coming back to the Bowtie! It is also the easiest to tow behind a motor home. Push two buttons and your ready to go!

·
Registered
151 Posts
i have always been a Chevy guy. come from a Chevy family to boot. i haven't owned a ford but i have driven a few. i always liked Chevy better. any one i know that has a ford has had it in the shop 2 or more times than i have. as well as all of the above:glasses:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I drive GM trucks because that's what's in the driveway!

I drive older rigs, so repair ease and part availability and cost are very important.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Okay...my Dad retired from GM after 32+ years. We were never allowed to buy anything but GM. He told me growing up that if I ever dated a guy that drove a foreign (japscrap, as he called it), the boy would not be allowed to park his car in his driveway, not in front of his house, and not anywhere in site of his house (we lived in the country and our house could be seen for miles). So that was very planted in my mind very early in life...to drive GM. Plus, I have 4 generations of GM employees in my family, with 8-10 people in my family either retired or still employed at GM (this counting just immediate family and uncles).

Why do I drive a truck? Well, I have to be able to tow my 4-wheeler with it. Actually, I like being able to throw my quad in the back of my truck without pulling a trailer. I pulled a trailer w/my ZR2 and yes, it may be convenient, but it eats up gas and having a quad in the back of my truck is soooooooo much cooler. :glasses:
Plus I live in Indiana and I need the 4wd in the winter. :great: Plus, I'm a truck girl. Guys in trucks are hot and trucks are just better than a car....IMO!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Best looking brand on the road...besides everyday life we have enough troubles why have to worry if your vehicle is gonna get you to work or town. With me knowing a Chevy is setting out there my worries are gone

·
Registered
260 Posts
My first truck was a 1973 Ford F-250 that I bought brand new. I drove it for many years, and it was a good old truck. In the 90's I decided that I wanted to go the SUV route. I didn't care for any of the Ford offerings at the time. I bought a brand new 1996 Chevrolet Tahoe. I really loved the Tahoe and was hooked on GM Trucks. I replaced the Tahoe with a brand new 2001 Suburban 2500. We added a 2004 Tahoe for SuEllyn. We currently have a 2005 Yukon XL 2500 Quadrasteer and a 2004 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer. I gues we are now hooked on GM Trucks.

Briab

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
its in my blood.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm a Chevy die-hard. Not really a truck guy at all though. Never owned one and never really wanted one. Drove and F150, F250, F350 and then tried the 1500 Silverado. I liked the ride better. What I liked most was the drive train is familiar. I do my own maintenance. Keeps life simpler than owning 1 of each brand. I didn't even bother look at Dodge trucks. Although I owned a couple of Cherokees about 5 years ago. They weren't bad.

·
Registered
302 Posts
My first truck. I wasn't really looking for a truck. I was looking at Trailblazer SS, but this on the lot and the price was $10,000 off the sticker so did it. Love the decision ever since

·
Registered
56 Posts
chevy reason

simply put the style the 99-02 has is nice because it simply flows well

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
First reason is I support wherever I work at, whether it be Wal-Mart or GM I am loyal to where I work. Second reason I love horsepower and torque over gas mileage any day, I am not a car person at all. I am 27 years old and have NEVER bought a car, always trucks 1 S-10 and 3 Silverado's in the last 6 years.

I am also from a long line of GM workers going back to the early 40's, I am trying to keep the tradition alive!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I come from a Chevy family. I got my first Chevy in 2002, a '96 S-10 with 220,000 miles. I sold it in 2006 after I got my '06 Colorado with 4 miles on it. I have 42,700 amazing miles on it now. I've had the following warranty work done on it:

2 head light globes replaced due to condensation (bad seals)
Tailgate lock replaced

After warranty work:

Vent solenoid replaced (burned out, stuck open)
Interior cabin air resistor and harness (burned out, only had full blast)

I broke my truck in hard, and still drive it hard. It sees lots of red line acceleration. I've put lots of mods into it, both for looks and go fast.

The next truck I get will be a Chevy. Like a rock!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Chevy - Like a rock
Ford - Built ford tough. not very tough is it?
Dodge - do they have a motto? i've seen people hit rams. just road kill

Need i say more?

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Come from a Chevy family. Brother 01 Z71, sister 98 Blazer 4x4, Dad 07 NBS Z71, me 99 Suburban. My mom only drives a Saturn Vue becasue my brother gave it to her when he bought the 01 from my dad. i learned how to drive on my grandpa old chevy pickup, 3 on the tree. He still has his 81 chevy with a 350 diesel and a 4 speed manual. My uncles have a few GMCs but...... I couldnt own anything but a Chevy, its apple pie on wheels.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Blood, Sweat and Chevy

I'm going to be honest, there are a lot of good looking trucks these days, I like the look of the new Fords, Dodges, etc, but there is NO way I'd spend my hard earned money on anytihng other than a GM product because I know there is nothing that will outlast the quality and durability of a Chevy!

My dad lives in FL and has owned Toyota everything as long as I've been around and the last car he had was an 05 Avalon that road and drove like a dream, he just bought a 08 Tundra and it was a pretty fun truck to drive around for a week but the whole week I was wishing and missing that I coudn't drive my truck. long story short, it was a GREAT feeling to get back to MI to hop in my chevy again!

And that's why I own and will continue to own a Chevy and Chevy's foooooooorever!!! not to mention my Grandpa worked for GM and would probably disown me if I had anything else, so Thank you Grandpa for pointing me in the right direction

1 - 20 of 35 Posts