GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just curious why everyone coming to this site drives a tahoe instead of something else.

Reliability? Style? Features? Functionality?

Then there's the point of being the king of the road. ... enough said.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For myself, it is a matter of function. I have 6 kids to run around and I don't like mini vans. I ran across a used one about 2 yrs ago and I just love it. I decided then that I would never want anything but a Tahoe! So now that they are doing this employee discount, I'm looking for a new one. :D

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that's a good promotional campaign they've got. They need to boost sales.

6 kiddos huh? I have my hands full with one!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm a big guy and many smaller vehicles just aren't as comfortable. I also was wanting 4WD as its impossible to get out of my driveway in the winter without it. Its a steep uphill battle to get to the street. My Ford Contour would rarely make it. Only if the driveway was extremely clear and salted/sanded well.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I remember the days of growing up in the north (I lived in Washington/Idaho for 25 years) and slipping and sliding around the snow and ice. Only get that about every 5 years in Dallas/Ft. Worth.

·
Registered
51 Posts
From what I've heard, even when it does happen its only like an inch at best but people behave like its the end of the world! In the winter its a weekly/daily thing here.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a Tahoe b/c I almost bought a new minvan. I also like Arnie, am a big guy, and I wanted comfort. and also have 3 kids to haul around and the Tahoe 4X4 is a great family car...yet Daddy's toy. It's a "cool" family car to have. I have always wanted one and now that I have one...we are going to buy a new one, and the 99 will be mine to really play with. lift kit's and crap like that....not to much though!!!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, it's good to not have to worry about a daily driver for your 4x4.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got a tahoe because I caught it at the auction for a good price. I own an acura legend also but now I really love the tahoe. my car was getting older and parts were wearing out so I decided to pick something else up in case I have to put it in the shop and I wouldn't be able to get around like I wanted to without a car. Seen the 96 two dr tahoe, thought I would bid on it as one of my picks.. and I GOT It!! Thing is beautiful looks brand new. I love the size of it love the way it drives doesn't feel real hard to move around. plus I can just throw stuff in the back if I want.
Oh and I got 4 wheel drive now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reliability, resale, styling, quality! I have driven old and new tahoe's and silverado's, as well as Fords and Dodges, and nothing touches the Tahoe for being a bad looking, quality, family hauler.
I had the chance to drive a new Ford F150, and I was not impressed in the least. It felt underpowered, the seats felt like flat pcs of cardboard, the tailgate is too big, and with 3000 miles, it rode very sloppy.

Sorry about the run-on, but I research cars and trucks very often, and my Black 04 Tahoe LT is the best in it's market.

Just my $.02,
Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm old school baby! RWD, V8. I let my wife drive the mini-van. When I have the kids, my Yukon cant be beat! Baseball practice,etc. I cant imagine myself owning a sedan,they bore me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In my field of sales, I need to frequently pull over to talk on the phone and route through fee sheets and guidelines which takes up a lot of room. I was always uncomfortable in my Jeep Cherokee when hopping from account to account. My friend had a Yukon and I always loved the way it drove and handled, but most of all it was comfortable and looks like it says "Get out of the way". I bought my Tahoe 6 months ago and absolutely love it more than any other car I own, including a 68 Plymouth Fury convertible, a 64 Studebaker, and a 2001 Mercedes C240. It is my ultimate road trip machine, it hauls all of my materials, it can be personalized to look like something that is completely you, and it generates compliments from everybody who rides in it.

Plus, if my wife and I have kids soon, I have room for 8. :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
I need the room, that's why I drive a Tahoe. Plus I've seen people killed in the little foreign jobbers. Not gonna happen to me!

·
Registered
404 Posts
ChevyLover said:
I need the room, that's why I drive a Tahoe. Plus I've seen people killed in the little foreign jobbers. Not gonna happen to me!
I've come across an accident or two where the people are mangled. Not a pretty sight. It's the guy in the small car that is hurt worst most of the time too.

The exception is the rolled-over SUV, where you get your head crushed. Bad news.

·
Registered
75 Posts
when I first got my black 95 Chevy Tahoe 2-door 4x4, I hated it. And of course being the sportscar kinda guy that I am, that made sense. But I'm also a pro-active tuner kind of guy so I quickly turned my Tahoe into a vehicle that I liked. And now, I like it a lot... I like it for all of the basic reasons plus a few more...

1, It's functional. the largest number of people that I can fit into my tahoe (that I've done so far) is twelve. I can carry all of my freinds and all of my stuff anywhere in this vehicle.
2, It's reliable. And by that I mean that the car is practically bulletproof, no really when I first got the car it had 3 bullet holes in it and none of them fully penetrated the body of the car and got into the interior. So I gotta say these cars are awesome...
3, Thanks to the availability of after market parts, I can turn my Tahoe into almost anything. A racer, a hauler, a show car, anything that I can think of... Also thanks to the availability of aftermarket parts, what doesn't kill my car only makes it stronger. If anything on the car ever breaks, I can replace it with a better aftermarket part.
4, It's kinda handsome from far away. I really am beginning to like the way it looks.
5, It's way better than my last car. My last car was a dark green fully loaded 93 Nissan Altima. which although it was more hightech and luxurious than my Tahoe, it was slower than the living daylights and harder to work on. It took me a lot of distance to get up to highway speed in my last car, and the Tahoe will jump up to speed real fast... Plus I couldn't fix anything on the Altima by myself, I always had to have the dealerships help.
6, It's huge which gives me the right of way in a 4-cars-come-to-an-intersection-all-at-the-same-time situation...
7, It's a great date car. If I play my cards right with the ladies, all I have to do is drive to a secluded spot, flip down the rear seat and lay out a blanket, and I've got a mobile scoring station. (LOL)

And for all of those reasons, I love my Chevy Tahoe!!!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's a riot. You've got a 3-bullet hole Tahoe that can seat 12. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts