GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around a bit at the competition, then I chose the Trailblazer knowing that I made a good choice.

One of the first reasons is size. I'm 6'4" and 270 lbs. I don't fit into these little foreign jobs or even into most midsize cars with much comfort. However, I am very comfortable in the Trailblazer. I do have a bit of a problem with the overhead visor cutting off a bit of my vision (I can't see stop lights if I'm the first car in line, I have to duck my head down to see when it turns green)

Then there is the driving back and forth to work and being able to get groceries or stop at the Sams/Costco/grocery store/hardware store on the way home withouth worrying about space.

So, why does everyone else have a trailblazer?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought mine becuase it was the best overall vehicle for what I needed/wanted to spend. Plus, the GM special pricing helped.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My wife needed a big vehicle to haul around two kids in car seats plus stuff for all 3 of them. It was either a TB or a minivan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i bought an envoy XUV because i had two dogs and it was perfect for that. I now only have one dog, but still love the functionality of it. if you open all the windows, sunroof, and rear roof the air flow is amazing--like a jeep. it also has a Bose system and roof racks. many road trips taken in that baby.
anyone know of an applicable enthusiasts club that goes on raod trips and stuff? my friend belongs to one for MINI coopers and I would love to find one that organizes day trips for my truck or truck type. i'm in Jersey. but would travel to all surrounding states for weekend trips.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you live? How longs of a trip are you looking to go on? :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is my second TB. I had so much fun with the 02, that when the dealer called with the "I can put you in a Tahoe for the same money.." I flew to the dealer. I was all set to buy the Tahoe but, I checked out some of the TB's on the lot and for the money the TB was the better value. Unless GM really screws up the TB redesign, I will drive TB's forever. Now I am on the hunt for a TB SS.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looking for a newer vehicle. The minivan we had served us well (98 Voyager) but was getting tired. Checked out newer vans (nothing we liked). We tried out a Chrysler Pacifica, really liked it but the dealer wanted 19,900 for it. Told them I would go 17,000 but no more. They wouldn't budge so no deal. Come to find out they took it to an auction and let it go for 15,500. Anyway, we kept looking around and ran across a 2003 Envoy SLT. Test drove it and we both thought it was nicer than the Pacifica. More room (4 kids), more power V8 instead of V6, more goodies (DVD, Power everything, etc.). Not getting the Pacifica was a blessing in disguise. knowing what I know now, I'm glad the other deal fell through.
Looking forward to some cross country trips in it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
bought mine because i had a scion xb, which was great for just me and my fiancee good on gas suprisingly roomy for the small size but lacked cargo space and we had a little one come along, and within a month we were looking for something with more cargo space since the box on wheels was tapped for space as soon as the stroller went in. i have always been a chevy guy so i looked there like the tahoes but gas mileage was an issue so we looked smaller, test drove an ss tb fell in love with it but absolutely hated the price so we looked at just a standard tb and we got into a used 02 tb LT for about the same we were paying for the scion and we are much happier with it

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
2003 North Face Trailblazer

I was looking for my 8th chevy truck and ran accross this one and loved it.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Trailblazer has a lot of options and features that we were looking for. It's Whisper quiet, reliable, and it has enough power for us. We like it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is my second TB. I had so much fun with the 02, that when the dealer called with the "I can put you in a Tahoe for the same money.." I flew to the dealer. I was all set to buy the Tahoe but, I checked out some of the TB's on the lot and for the money the TB was the better value. Unless GM really screws up the TB redesign, I will drive TB's forever. Now I am on the hunt for a TB SS.
This is also my second Trailblazer. My first was an 02 LTZ but, the one I have now is an 06 TBSS and I love it. I have had it since Dec 05.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I am on my 8th or 9th Trailblazer. They are great when you need to get in some strange places, like my job requires..

BTW. they are rentals... This is a 2007 with 735 miles. Rented in KC no HHRs were available this trip.

I like them and would own one but I have issues with paying more for one than my house was bought for. And I have a HHR and a S-10, so its still a chevy or bust..

I drove one in Hawaii last year. Drove it up on Mona Loa. Really good climber. Yes there is snow in Hawaii!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I needed something bigger to pull my hybrid camping trailer. It was down to the Explorer Sport trac and the TB and I got a heck of a deal (saved 5000) on the TB because it had high KMs. I dont care anout the KMs anyway seeing as how I drive 40,000 a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another big guy loves his Trailblazer

I am 6'5" and 360 lbs. The space for the driver is the reason I choose the Trailblazer. It is comfortable in all the areas that need to space for long legs, and big shoulders. I have 67,000 miles on my 2002 2LT and have been completely satisfied with this vehicle. The power for 4.2L six is strong.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great Chevy Trailblazer thread, this is epic and needs to not die down!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts