GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man....i am so excited that us suburban owners have a site devoted to us,but man theres never anyone on here...i post topics, no one replies, come on yall, lets put more life into this forum....not flaming ,just down,wishing thi :x s site was alittle more active thats all

·
1,457 Posts
I think the filter new posts doesn't work properly
I check the forum every day but no new messages
The reason that I found this one, because I tried the filter unanswered post
:shock:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Well, It's like a pary with no one there. If 100 people come at the same time, it's a party. If 100 people come each 1 minute after one another, everyone leaves becuase there aren't enough people there at the right time.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Sorry, I've been looking for a house as well, so I've been like double-ultra-extra busy. We think we'll put an offer in today. It's just over a 1/4 acre lot (.28 acres) so maybe I can build a workshop in the back. The backyard faces a moderately busy secondary road, so I have backyard access, which is good. Hope we get it!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I've made a decision that I think will greatly improve the site. It involves migrating all of this information into a completely new platform that is all tighly integrated together with more search features. Plus, I plan on making it easier to get back and forth between the different Chevy sites that I'm running. That should make for a better site as well.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Now, the sticking point is us finding a new house that gives me an office so I can get this stuff done with few distractions!

We got outbid on the first house that we bid on. That would have been great because it had room for an office and room for a full workshop to be built in the future. Oh well.

We've got an offer in that we're being countered on as we speak. This also has room for an office and a side-entrace (corner lot) into the backyard that is 10 feet wide. So, I could make a shop out back as well. We'll see.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, thanks Davandy. It's nice to see the site growing. I enjoy talking about the Chevy trucks, and running this site helps me to do that! :)

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
One thing is its kinda hard to locate

I had a hard time with google looking it up from work.

When I first started my site I used a free submission website that helped me get a jump start also look at your bot file key words.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I had a hard time finding this forum... Almost started one myself since I couldn't find one. I have another automotive site... www.aztekfanclub.com... We had a really hard time getting things going over there as well... I started that site because the only game for the Pontiac Aztek was a Yahoo group. It totally sucked... people flaming each other, pop up ads, more arguing than productive conversation. Fortunately, Pontiac found us and included us in their "Pontiac Excitement" magazine. Then THe NY Times did an article on the Aztek and featured our site in the story, so that really started things rolling.

I am glad I found this site. I hope to be of assistance to all here. Great site.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hey Tom, welcome aboard. I took a look at your site, nice work on the Pontiac Aztek website.

All of these sites are listed very highly on the MSN search engine. In fact, if you type CHEVY SUBURBAN in MSN.COM, this site will be returned in the top 3, sometimes in the top 2 and rarely, but sometimes as #1.

Google does pick up this site, it just need to have more messages and activity to pick up and index what's going on here.

I think when we hit 2000 messages it will be a good marker for the growth of the site.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
I get googlebots all the time... Once they find you, they will keep coming back... Incidentally, I found this site with the new Google beta toolbar. I typed in "Suburban c" and it (before I could finish) suggested "Suburban Club". So I selected it and this site was on top... So there is the good news.

Thanks for the kudos on the Aztek site. The forums are active with over 3 million hits a month, but the rest of the site looks horrible. I am in the process of changing all of that.

I see you used the hack for the gallery. Too bad I didnt find that before I had too many people that made galleries...

Anyway... Enough rambling from me. LOL! I am sure I will get itchy fingers tomorrow as well.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Buy the way Steve

I hate Engineers.

How long before I go on to the next level?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Actually, to tell you the truth, the entire list is up for discussion. I just threw those together for a small board, it seems like there might be too many in the 0-100 range, even though that's where most people are at.

You could think of yourself as a train engineer perhaps. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts