GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got stumped tonight on the regulator replacement stupid would not come out for me after i took all the bolts off.

Tried the haines manual totally useless on this subject ..any help would be greatfull :)

98 chevy venture Ls ext. 130k miles and still going strong

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So just what have you got off?
The door pad?
Are you inside the door?
What bolts exactly are you talking about?
Because there are no bolts on a window regulator, unless they changed this. Because they have always been riveted in for the last 40 years.

see thats what i thought ..it's an actual 10 mm bolt there are 6 of them
that is holding the whole support assembly motor , scissors type regulator with the coil spring retention it's also holding the speaker as one piece

i'm inside the door i am not able pull out the entire piece due to the fact there are 3 hex bolts on the end of the door that is holding the door latch.

so i'm assuming that the 3 bolts are whats holding the part in but its not listed anything in the haynes manual about the 3 bolts.

there may be rivets on the other side where the motor and the regulator mates together .

· Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'm going to take another whack at it this afternoon and try to get some pics off ....

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.