GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
quick question. on a 94 is there a rubber seal or silicone holding the windshield on. mines cracked and am ready to replace it. my k5 was a big seal that needed a rope to aid installing. are these glued on?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, they are glued on but I'm not sure about the type of adhesive. I just had the windshield on my '94 GMC Sierra done and I sat and watched the guy do the job. He used a caulk gun with a tube of black adhesive but I forgot to ask him what it was.

BTW, you might need to get some repair work done on the flange around the opening. Mine was severely rusted and was leaking on the inside. I took it to a body shop and had them take the windshield out and do the repair and then a guy from SafeLite came and replaced the windshield. Check your insurance coverage. Mine was covered 100% under the comprehensive coverage. Safelite wanted the repair done first because they give a lifetime guarantee and want the body in good shape before they start. If you are going to go that route, call Safelite first. They will send someone out to look at it first.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts