GM Truck Club Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,934 Posts
RE: Wiper streaks when vehicle is moving

The next time you have an opportunity, go out to your truck, and pull the entire wiper arm off of both sides. You need to pick the wiper arm up completely off the windshield, once you do, look at the base of the arm, you'll see a small stainless steel eyelet, you need to pull down on the eyelet, and that will allow you to take the arm off of it's shaft.

While you have the arm off, you can take the opportunity to inspect the spring. It's probably weak. What I suggest is to swap arms. If it is a weak spring then the streak will follow the arm to the new side.

Also, if you are not using the stock size wiper, (using something larger) the springs in the arms are not meant to handle much resistance, so a larger blade will have that effect.

Good luck, and let us know what you find out.

· Registered
2,934 Posts
I use rubbing alcohol soak a paper towel then rub it up and down the blade, then repeat with a new towel again soaked until you no longer see dirt.
It's funny, but wiper blades can last a very long time, if you clean them regularly, but most people will replace them. I've also found that when the alcohol doesn't work, a good roughing up with some steel wool, or SOS pad with water, will get the wiper blade working like new again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.