GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
10,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 GMC Sierra (Extended Cab, WITH Bose system AND OnStar) into which I'm installing an aftermarket stereo. I have no intent to use the factory speaker wires or the Bose system (I am, in fact, ripping out the Bose amp and so-called sub to make place for a 10" stealth sub). I am not sure which harness to buy or what the correct wiring should be, as I basically need a harness exclusively for the purposes of maintaining chimes and OnStar.

Which harness is the correct one?
  • GMOS-04 (for Bose, despite me ripping the Bose system out) ... and if so, how should it be wired in given that I won't be using the vehicle's speaker wiring, at all?
  • GMOS-01 (for non-Bose) .... and if so, is a SP-2003 speaker needed for OnStar/Chimes?
Also, if the SP-2003 speaker is needed does anyone have suggestions on where to place the 3" X 2.5" X 2.125" SP-2003 speaker? Behind the HU, within the center console, and in the kick panels are all right out, as I already have things going into those locations.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Very nice! That one comes with a chime box that is easy to hide behind the deck. It is really important to have a "system" down when you install that deck or screen because there isn't much space behind the deck at all, I stuff the PAC box and chime back behind that reinforcement strap up onto the top of the heater duct (drivers side of reinforcement strap and then I put my RCAs on the passenger side along with my iPod cable but it depends on your decks layout on the back how you divide it up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts