GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2000 silverado headlights stopped working randomly, all fuses are good and relays , aswell as all the bulbs , the daytime work as normal, but when I pull the 10amp tbc fuse out the lights come on and my wipers actually start vibrating and making a buzzing noise, I am beyond confused and when the fuse goes back in my lights go back off... any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Something is back feeding throw your lights looking for ground.
What else is turned on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What else is turned
What else is turned on?
Nothing else is on that I know of , simply turning the key on to get power, the problem is theh we're working , so from a wiring/physical point of view nothing has changed , just one day it started n so it baffles me

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Ok, let me review what I see happening.
It is dark
Key is turned on
Engine is running
Headlights are off
Pull the fuse labeled TBC,
The headlights come on, the wipers vibrate.

What happens if the key is off and out and you use the headlight switch to turn the lights on?

What about the marker lights (tail, front park) do they follow the headlights, going on and off with the heads?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, let me review what I see happening.
It is dark
Key is turned on
Engine is running
Headlights are off
Pull the fuse labeled TBC,
The headlights come on, the wipers vibrate.

What happens if the key is off and out and you use the headlight switch to turn the lights on?

What about the marker lights (tail, front park) do they follow the headlights, going on and off with the heads?
Correct , the key on with truck on or off the headlights will only come when I pull the tbc fuse , tail lights, signals, front (park/daylights) work as normal as they should , when no key just lights on ,its the same secnario accept wipers won't vibrate cuz they have no power to them obviously ,

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
Ok, but what happens when you have truck off and turn on the headlights using the headlight switch?

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
I AM TALKING ONLY ABOUT YOUR HEADLIGHTS ..when you start the engine key on the headlights on a daylight the sensor on the dash on top of the dash is like an LED . now the sensor will get clouded plastic will remove the lighting of the sunlight then the headlamps will always be on .. you can change it or polish that lens cover on the sensor see if it works.
middle of the dash panel top ...

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
But @j cat that sensor should not effect the headlights if the key is off and the OP uses the headlight switch. With a defective sensor, the headlight switch should turn on the headlights.

Ringo, has there been any mods done to the headlight wiring, anything special wired in, or removed?

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
But @j cat that sensor should not effect the headlights if the key is off and the OP uses the headlight switch. With a defective sensor, the headlight switch should turn on the headlights.

Ringo, has there been any mods done to the headlight wiring, anything special wired in, or removed?
could be the light sensor or the BCM,, when he removed that fuse the wipers buzz ? he said the fuse removed then when he pulled it out the wipers buzz ...did he turn the wiper ON .. or did not turn on the wiper when he pulled out the fuse.

·
Registered
15,237 Posts
I'd be more suspect of a poor ground, causing a bunch of circuits to backfeed through each other.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts