GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 98 chevy c/k 1500 4x4. The tail light has burned the socket for the bulb. Can't figure it out, can anybody give some clues about it, Thanks

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
Are you sure it's burnt, or is it corroded?

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. It may just be old and weathered. Its over 10 years old most likely as stephan said it has corrosion inside. I would replace the socket and get some CRC electrical spray cleaner and go around and take all the bulbs out, spray and clean them.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the Club

·
Registered
1997 Chevy Cheyenne K3500, cc, lb, dly, dzl, 2002 Chevy Avalanche Z71, 2003 Chevy Avalanche Z66
285 Posts
Welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
****thread moved here*******

On the 88-98 GM trucks the circut boards for the tail lights are known to burn up. I would go and spend the $20 on a new set of Circut boards for the taillights and that will take care of the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have already replaced it once, it seems to be just the middle bulb, do you think it could be a bad ground? Previous owner spliced into that side of the truck for trailer lights. Thanks for the info , Mike L

·
Registered
8,623 Posts
i have already replaced it once, it seems to be just the middle bulb, do you think it could be a bad ground? Previous owner spliced into that side of the truck for trailer lights. Thanks for the info , Mike L
If you have power there, then yes it's a bad ground, providing your bulb is good. Since the previous owner spliced into that side for his trailer lights, I would check there first, especially if he used scotch locks or some kind of quick connects.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts