GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has had their vehicle wrapped. Am planning on a full color change on mine from gold to gloss black with accents in carbon fiber black. Would love to discuss this with someone before I do mine. Please contact me at [email protected]
Thank you,
Hank Weirauch

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a interesting video on wrapping your side mirrors with carbon fiber. This is one of the things I want to do this summer when I wrap my S-10. Please watch and reply is this anything you might want to do to your vehicle this would be a relative low cost project. Please let me know what you think???
Hank

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle
Liquid Cosmetics Human body Fluid Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Locking hubs
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber

Here is an update for all of you with the S-10 Wrap Project planned for later this summer. My truck has a massive rust problem, so I am trying to take care of all this before I do the wrap. This past week I dropped my spare tire and surveyed more in the rust department. Particularly in the area of under the bed, and the wheel of the spare tire package. This week I am going after the under-bed portion with my rust converter first, then either Rustoleum spray paint or Rustoleum Undercoat or combination of both. The idea here being the rust convertor stops the rust from spreading the spray paint seals the metal and the rubberized undercoating will keep it from happening again, (I Hope). I realize this is a ongoing situation that will continue as along as I own the vehicle. I try to stay on top of this and not let it go any farther. So far on the wheel I have wired brush on my electric drill both front and back side and hit it with the rust converter planning on more spray paint here. I called a Sand blaster who could do this and powder coat, but he wanted $150 for this old wheel, granted probably the best way to go, but I don't plan on keeping this wheel. Going to eventually put the ZR5 wheels on it so i will have the LS wheels that could be the spare. Have a great day, Work Safe, BE SAFE.
from the Snow Covered Colorado High County
Fresh 19 inches last night
thank you,
Hank
Sky Snow Plant Branch Natural landscape

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Metallic Mosaic Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
283 Posts
View attachment 172239 View attachment 172240 View attachment 172241 View attachment 172242

Here is an update for all of you with the S-10 Wrap Project planned for later this summer. My truck has a massive rust problem, so I am trying to take care of all this before I do the wrap. This past week I dropped my spare tire and surveyed more in the rust department. Particularly in the area of under the bed, and the wheel of the spare tire package. This week I am going after the under-bed portion with my rust converter first, then either Rustoleum spray paint or Rustoleum Undercoat or combination of both. The idea here being the rust convertor stops the rust from spreading the spray paint seals the metal and the rubberized undercoating will keep it from happening again, (I Hope). I realize this is a ongoing situation that will continue as along as I own the vehicle. I try to stay on top of this and not let it go any farther. So far on the wheel I have wired brush on my electric drill both front and back side and hit it with the rust converter planning on more spray paint here. I called a Sand blaster who could do this and powder coat, but he wanted $150 for this old wheel, granted probably the best way to go, but I don't plan on keeping this wheel. Going to eventually put the ZR5 wheels on it so i will have the LS wheels that could be the spare. Have a great day, Work Safe, BE SAFE.
from the Snow Covered Colorado High County
Fresh 19 inches last night
thank you,
Hank
View attachment 172243
Hank,

I’m glad that it’s you enjoying the new 19” of snow and not me. Hello from Florida the sunshine state. 😊

Good luck with your rust problem. I’ve owned a few S10’s over the years and their one of the easiest vehicles I’ve owned too work on. I loved my 4.3 motors.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hank,

I’m glad that it’s you enjoying the new 19” of snow and not me. Hello from Florida the sunshine state. 😊

Good luck with your rust problem. I’ve owned a few S10’s over the years and their one of the easiest vehicles I’ve owned too work on. I loved my 4.3 motors.
Yes, I know what you mean about 4.3, I love mine too. Ok I will get you together a big grate and some dry ice. That way you can make a big Olaf snowman so all those sunburned beach bums can see your artwork.🌞
Have a good day
Thank you,
Hank

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
More on my rust issue going on with this truck, all in preparation for the wrap I am doing in a couple of months. I now have about a third of my undercarriage rust problem taken care of, from just forward the rear axle to the rear bumper.
Have a good Day,
thank you,

Note: Same tire and wheel in before and after photos
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Synthetic rubber
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
283 Posts
That looks good.

·
Registered
283 Posts
You’re welcome Hank.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Mr. Montemike,
I regret to inform you that the crate of snow is no longer coming. A message from Ups today said your package had some kind of MORAL issue. It had a MELTDOWN about halfway to Florida, so sorry.
Have a good day
Hank by

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hank,

I hate to hear about my crate of snow, I certainly was looking forward to building OLAF the snow man.

You keep working on the truck you’ll have it rust free in no time.

It’s refreshing to hear a young person say Mr. I continually am getting on to one of my nephews for saying yes or yeah instead yes sir.

I hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend,

Mike.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car
Before
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle
After

Good afternoon Everybody:
I found this you tube video on a man doing it yourself video on wrapping his truck first time for him to do this. Much like what I am doing this summer when I change my S--10 from Gold to Black. Please note examples above. Please enjoy the video and if you have any comments about this please respond I welcome your feed back. Have a great day.
From the Colorado High Country.
Thank You,
Hank

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood
Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Had a shop do it. The quality of the material has a lot to do with cost. I didn`t want to mess it up. Cheaper in the long run to let them do it.
How long did they have the truck then, my son did his Tacoma last year, so he wants to do mine this summer, we have a shop with a lift we can use if necessary.
Hank

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Takes about half a day to field strip it and same to reinstall when completed. Gotta love the look of carbon fiber. Planning on using it for my accents on my truck this summer, bowtie, wheels, mirrors, fuel filler doors. The rest of my truck Vivvid Ultra High Gloss Black. Thanks for your input and photos, looks really cool
Hank.
Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Todays Update Wrap Project:
Still working on massive undercarriage rust project. Getting too much black under there , decided to add some color. Went patriotic , please enjoy,
Hank
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle
Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hank,

I like that, your doing really well on your truck. You’ll have it done shortly if you keep working on it that hard. It looks really good so far.

Mike

1 - 20 of 79 Posts