GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Metallic Mosaic Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
280 Posts
I just had my truck wrapped. Carbon fiber on hood then flag graphics on top of that carbon fiber on mirrors and rear wing as well. View attachment 172497 View attachment 172497 View attachment 172498 View attachment 172499 View attachment 172500 View attachment 172501 View attachment 172502

Dime Bag,

What size of the motor do you have in your S10? The size of the rear tires tell me it’s pretty powerful.
I just had my truck wrapped. Carbon fiber on hood then flag graphics on top of that carbon fiber on mirrors and rear wing as well. View attachment 172497 View attachment 172497 View attachment 172498 View attachment 172499 View attachment 172500 View attachment 172501 View attachment 172502
I like your truck, I love the tailgate. I’m wondering size is the motor with those big fat tires on the back of it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That looks nice, good job.

·
Registered
280 Posts
That’s a nice S10, you and Hank make me miss my S10’s I had over the years. 🙂 I thought about changing my last S10 4.3 out to a 350 small block. I just bought a 2000 SS Camaro instead. It was fun to drive. I won a race in the street car division back in 1994 against a Mustang 5.0 in my 4.3 powered S 10. I still have the trophy. I dialed a perfect number for my S 10 he dialed in wrong. I had to let off the gas right before the finish line because I was so far ahead of him I thought I was breaking out of my number. I live an hour away from Gainesville Florida where the Gator Nationals are held. I don’t condone street racing, I just thought I better throw that out there.

Mike

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here’s the trophy.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Here’s the trophy

Attachments

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Yesterday's Project on Hanks Wrap truck up- coming.
I started on redoing the wheels. I am planning on wrapping the wheels in a black carbon fiber wheel wrap to match the soon to be gloss black truck. Please see the two examples I am attaching on the Fake lug nut plastic covers. Remember the finished wheel will be mainly black with little or no silver showing on the wheel. Which would you prefer seeing, imagining of course this was on your day to day vehicle. BLACK OR SILVER???
Please let me know, all feedback is accepted.
Have a good day.
Hank
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Today's Project: wrapped two wheels
My son called today stated he will be down this weekend to start the wrap. Going to try to wrap one side this weekend. Going to take it slow so no mistakes will be made. Need your opinion on the wheel wrap I did. Took the original Chevy S-10 stock wheels and put black carbon wrap on the spokes. The photos show either black or silver fake lug nut covers. Please remember the truck is now Changing from. Light gold to Gloss Black. I WELCOME your opinion, please send me your input always greatly appreciated. Have a good day be safe.
From the Colorado High Country.
Thank you,
Hank
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
17,403 Posts
Hank, I see your in the "Colorado High Country", I suspect that means road salt.
How's the wrap going to stand up to snow banks and salt?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 · (Edited)
Hank, I see your in the "Colorado High Country", I suspect that means road salt.
How's the wrap going to stand up to snow banks and salt?
Fine when i don't drive it. Realistic I suppose it might come off. I will be doing weekly hand washes with the wrapped vehicle. The wrap wheel kit for four pieces of 24X 30 inch carbon fiber is only $27 thru Amazon. So it won't wipe me out if I redo it. i really want to find some Chevy S-10 ZR5 wheels to replace those stockers anyway. Amazon has other wheel wraps kits i could try. Whites, , red, blue, gold, mattes, glossy, Chromes all in the $29 range. It will truly be a wait and see situation. I hardly drive much anymore since being retired. Anyway please wait for more pictures coming soon starting the wrap process this weekend. Thanks for your input, have a great day.
Hank

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
Today is Wednesday July 20, On Saturday July 23, my son is coming down from Northern Colorado with plans on wrapping one side of the truck. I PICKED the drivers side. He gave me a homework assignment he needs completed before he can get started. A. I need to remove all emblems, there are two on that side, LS emblem on behind rear window near roof, and S-10 emblem on left front door by wheel well. B. Remove pinstripe along side of truck. C. Remove lower door molding along side of truck. I checked with a family member that's a Supervisor at a family owned body shop here in he advised the best way to remove these items. His recommendation is to use a heat gun and a putty knife. Set the heat gun on the lower settings and don't use a razor blade, they can scratch the paint easily. Good advice I thought. So I have my assignment to do before Saturday. Once these items get removed we won't be using them on the vehicle after the wrap is completed.
Have a good day Hank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive lighting Grille
Grille Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car
Window Automotive tire Water Automotive lighting Automotive mirror

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
PREP WORK from yesterday all completed. Getting excited now. 48 hour away from first piece of black wrap film installed. I will keep you all updated
Please enjoy your day
Hank

·
Registered
280 Posts
You’re moving along well with the truck Hank, be sure to post some pictures after the wrap is on.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Here is the truck before the final wrap prep was done. The pieces to be removed for the drivers side Black Vinyl wrap on Saturday this week are: Ls Emblem, S-10 Emblem, Pinstriping and lower door molding. These items are not planed to be going back on the finished truck. The metal was cleaned and all adhesives were removed before completion of this step.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

This shows the completed final prep instructions. It will be taken to the car wash for final cleansing in the morning then contained in the garage on Saturday for the installation of the Gloss Black Wrap. Please note the items removed.
Hank.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Did your son happen to mention how hard is it to put the wrap on? I am also curious what type of prep does it take to get the truck ready.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts