GM Truck Club Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Metallic Mosaic Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
280 Posts
Hank,
I wanted to wrap the tailgate on my wife’s 03 Silverado, with a wrap that says I kneel for the cross and stand for the flag. She’s too frugal she doesn’t want to spend the money on it. I can’t complain about a frugal wife though. I am about 5 to 6 years away from retirement it all depends on how the economy goes over the coming years. We are planning on putting plenty of miles on the new truck just as soon as I can join her in retirement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Hank,
I wanted to wrap the tailgate on my wife’s 03 Silverado, with a wrap that says I kneel for the cross and stand for the flag. She’s too frugal she doesn’t want to spend the money on it. I can’t complain about a frugal wife though. I am about 5 to 6 years away from retirement it all depends on how the economy goes over the coming years. We are planning on putting plenty of miles on the new truck just as soon as I can join her in retirement.
Okay I definitely understand all that, I was thinking about a tailgate wrap too, Mine would be to commerate my daughter who died last August. Please note my definition of a frugal wife. My wife retires from a bank as being a accounts receivable person. She used to fix everyone's credit problems. She has us on a very tight budget we live on..Good thing about this budget so I can't fault her about this. When I retired in February the house and all three cars were paid off. Have a great day always good to talk to you .
Hank

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hank it’s a pleasure speaking with you also. It seems that we’re both lucky, we found a great wife to live our lives with. That’s an accomplishment in it self from the some of the things I see these days. I really like the S 10, you and your son have done a great job on it.
Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Hank it’s a pleasure speaking with you also. It seems that we’re both lucky, we found a great wife to live our lives with. That’s an accomplishment in it self from the some of the things I see these days. I really like the S 10, you and your son have done a great job on it.
Mike
Mike, I am still on probation, we have only been married for 43 years, please give me time to get over the break-in period. LoL 😆
Hank

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hank, I’m right behind you, I’ve been married for 41 years and we dated for five years prior. She’s my high school sweetheart and she still is except a little more mature. I believe that would be the correct way to say that in case she ever reads this. 🙂

Mike

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
17,403 Posts
Hank, Mike, don't like to brag (yes I do), I have both of you beat, she has been training me for 59 years {57 married and 2 in the apprenticeship program).

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ray,

That’s a long time. I don’t know that I’ll be around to see that many years with my lovely bride. Then again I never thought, when I was younger I would have reached my age now!!!

My uncle and aunt were married 73 years, she passed away last March.😕

·
Registered
17,403 Posts
My brother and I have often said "if we knew we were going to live this long we might have taken better care of ourselves". :)

·
Registered
280 Posts
Completely agree with that statement.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Truck
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

This weekends Update
: I am currently awaiting a time where my son and I can get together to do another weekend of actual wrapping on the truck. So more prep work will be done, first thing I have ordered a tool to remove the adhesive residue of the molding and emblems. Amazon sales a rubber wheel like device you attach to your drill, supposedly does not harm the paint. Then I still have two wheels to wrap on the right side which will washed first repainted then vinyl wrapped. Hope i can do that this weekend. We have Heavy Rains scheduled for this area this weekend. Also i ordered a 5x 20 ft roll of Vivvid Black Carbon Fiber vinyl wrap, from Amazon should be here on Tuesday., ,just in case we are running low on the Gloss Black.
Hank
Automotive tire Grey Bumper Hood Grille
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Tread
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive tire Tread
Grey Rectangle Composite material Grille Carbon

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hank,
It’s looking good, you’ll have it completed before long.
Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Thank you Mike, please have a good weekend.
Hank
Mike are you up for a mild challenge. I noticed your new 2019 Duramax is a metallic black truck with chrome 5 spoke wheels. Here's a small wrap job you can try if you want to see if you want to tackle the tailgate later . Amazon sell a 4 wheel wrap kit for $27. They have several types of Black's and some colors you could pick. My choice for you is a Matte Mettalic Black which I bet would complement your paint job. I just finished wrapping 2 wheels today on my truck. Took me about 4 hours. Stared with a severe scubbing, then repainting, you won't need to do this on your truck. Remember my truck is a 2002 so I had alot of color shift to correct. It was fun to do, if you are up for it. The $27 kit includes 4 sheets of the wrap you choose 24x30 inches. You will need a heat gun. Anyway kick it around, I will send you a before and after of my wheels, I think it is a good switch from the old stock look. Also there are several wheel wrapping videos on YouTube so you can see how easy this is. Choose wisely, have fun, enjoy your weekend
Hank
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hank,

My wife asked me not long ago was I going to put a DOD sticker in the back window of the 2019, because that’s who I work for. I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I like the truck as it is. It’s a garage queen anyway and hardly ever gets driven. My wife doesn’t want me to wrap the tailgate on her 03 because I have to take the stock emblems off so, she doesn’t like change much, I won’t be wrapping anything it seems.
Have a great day,
Mike

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Hank,

My wife asked me not long ago was I going to put a DOD sticker in the back window of the 2019, because that’s who I work for. I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I like the truck as it is. It’s a garage queen anyway and hardly ever gets driven. My wife doesn’t want me to wrap the tailgate on her 03 because I have to take the stock emblems off so, she doesn’t like change keep much, I won’t be wrapping anything it seems.
Have a great day,
Mike
I think your wife must be my wife's sister. Sounds like we married two peas from the same pod. Mine just had a weak moment when my son talked his Mom into getting my S-10 for my retirement surprise. She only agreed to it because he and his buddy convinced her it would be really cheap to keep. They would be doing all my maintenance, and they can get the parts wholesale. ok by the way the pic of your new 2019 is a rear beauty, definitely looks like a keeper. Being a 2500 I suppose you have a lot of towing you do. The photo I am sending you shows my son working in his friends shop, we will see how this maintenance thing works out, it is located about 50 miles from where I live. What kind of work do you do for DOD, that's why you picked up on my Law enforcement experience. Its okay if you can't talk about it, I really don't need to know., just really curious seems like we have similar or parallel lives going on here. Enjoy your day.
Hank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

·
Registered
280 Posts
Hank, I am grateful for my wife helping me keep my money in my pocket, she’s a great person, wife and my best friend. I have to talk her into driving the 2019 every so often too ensure that the batteries stay charged. We bought the 2500 so that when I retire we can pull anything that we will need to and I’m sure it will outlast me. I need a shop like your sons shop, my wife and I tried to change the shocks on my 03 Monte Carlo work car yesterday and it turned into a fiascos. We had to tools and everything we needed, except that I always forget too read the instructions first, I think that is a guy thing. I have asked that I don’t get shipped overseas anymore for my job and I’m currently working only 50 miles from home. I make the commute every day. We live in a small town and I have only worked in town twice in my adult life.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts