GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used 03 Trailblazer today and was totally excited until a friend told me he thought they'd gotten terrible reviews and had a lot of mechanical problems. Have I made a big mistake?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Welcome to the club!

I have not heard that. We have alot of TB owners on this site, and I've only heard of isolated incidents, caused by normal wear and tear.

I just checked to see about reliability ratings on the TB, and the only issues were Ignition switch issues which could cause the vehicle not to start, and cooling fan issues, which may cause a SES (service engine soon) light to come on.

Other than that it got an 8.1 out of 10.0 rating on reliability.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I purchased a used 03 Trailblazer today and was totally excited until a friend told me he thought they'd gotten terrible reviews and had a lot of mechanical problems. Have I made a big mistake?
You can't always listen to the reviews. They aren't always accurate and truthful.

I am on my second Trailblazer. My first was an 02 LTZ. The only problem I ever had with it were the wandering rear view door mirror. That was a GM 360 body problem. I bought it with 4000 miles on it because it was a dealer demo. When I traded it in it had 112,000 on it.

What I have now is an 06 TB SS and I love it. I have had it since Dec 2005. I have not had any trouble with it either, so I would say you did a good thing.

Did you get a Carfax check run on it before you bought it? If not, you should get one just to be sure it's had no major issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It sounds like your friend is a glass half-empty type of fellow. One solution might be to bust on his vehicle. Just say something like "I was doing some reading on the internet and found the [insert friend's vehicle here] is more dangerous than the 70's Ford Pinto. Everybody says so, and if it was on the internet, it must be true.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Yeah, all vehciles have their issues. The Trailblazer has some very nice plusses, and there have been a couple of other recall issues like bad tail and brake light bulbs. (Those are more annoying than anything).

To date, I've had my Trailblazer for 2 1/2 years and have had 1) Tail lights replaced under warranty, 2) a rear seal replaced around my license plate cover under warranty, 3) a new serpentine belt changed at 60k miles, 4) tires, wiper blades, new battery, etc.

Other than that, it's been extrememly reliable and has never failed to start instantly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 Trailblaizer Info

I own a such a vehicle. To date, I have logged 130,000 miles.
I have encountered NO problems other than misadjusted headlights.
I have cruised the US in comfort and security.
It's been a blast.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
A co-worker was able to keep her 03 TB running long enough to coast into the dealers driveway yesterday. To date she has had the engine, and transmission replaced and she is waiting to hear what is currently wrong with her TB. Bad news is now the TB is beyond the extended warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i purchased a 03 trailblazer 5 months ago with 27000 miles, puuuurrrsss like a kitten, there is only one issue i have with it. when i put in atomatic 4 wheel drive it kind of slams into gear and makes that same noise while the vechile is in motion, hopefully its something that just has to be adjusted, but overall....i love it!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My 03 TB has 97000 km on it and it was running rough a few months back. Found that base line software was never updated (4 updates missing)
and 02 sensor was pooched. All has been ok since. I like it so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts