GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, mine is pretty boring. I entered it on the first day when I setup the board over 2 years ago, and never changed it.

How did everyone come up with their screen name?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
First name and first initial of my last name. Not so exciting.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My burb is dark burgundy in color. When I brought her home a few relatives of my wife (all three have Ford PSDs :cry: ) strated to take turns giving me a hard time by calling my burb the brown bomb. The name stuck.

Reactions: ChevyFan

·
1,531 Posts
I took my username from an old Marty Robbins song.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MrShorty said:
I took my username from an old Marty Robbins song.
I found the lyrics:

"It was plain he was ready and waitin'
He leaned a bit forward and said
When you call me Shorty, say Mister, my friend
Maybe you'd rather be dead."

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I'm a wireless kinda guy so I've been "unplugged" since 1999. There is a part of me that wants to go "off grid" no utilities, no bills, all on my own. (Thank goodness the wife won't have any such thing)

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
We own horses, and I used to scout out all the best riding trails in the area, then bring others (friends/relatives) down them....Everyone started appointing me as the trail leader when it came to going out for a ride.
The reason it's spelled "leadr", and not spelled "leader" on the end is because we had AOL way back when, and there was already a "TrailLeader" I didn't want a number at the end, so I dropped the "E". I had it for an email address for so long, that I got attached to it. Now it's my nickname on most sites.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Started out on PFF fiero forum and tried 84fiero and it was taken, that’s what I had when I joined that forum.

But being taken I could not use it, so I just added a few numbers and here I am.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My first name and my MOS from the Marine Corps. Any military guys care to guess?
Sorry, I looked it up. Looks like you're a Mortarman. :) What's funny is my boss is a westpoint graduate, we do some report lookups based on bracketing and moving back and forth to find the target. We do the same thing to find a customer. :)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You guessed it. Not quite west point but Infantry proud!
Well, you're the one who's actually doing the work and who's got the skills. Speaking of which, I have a neighbor that i want to talk to you about, you see his dog barks at night and I can't seem to see him. Any chance you could come by with a mortor at night and give me a hand to see if we can keep him quiet? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Blast radious!

Well, sounds like a solution. But if you do not have a concrete wall between houses, you may want to consider a less coladeral damage approch! Maybe "seasoned" beef!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pirate55

Hi I am a Training Center Manager for an Oil company.
I own an 2001 Tahoe LT. I love my Ride. I consider
myself an old Pirate at 55. I love Jimmy Buffett and
spend a lot of time on the beach. My Tahoe has a
little bit of white sand in the rear deck. My son an I
are big into Drag Racing. he has a 8 second fire bird

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi I am a Training Center Manager for an Oil company.
I own an 2001 Tahoe LT. I love my Ride. I consider
myself an old Pirate at 55. I love Jimmy Buffett and
spend a lot of time on the beach. My Tahoe has a
little bit of white sand in the rear deck. My son an I
are big into Drag Racing. he has a 8 second fire bird
yes, but what does your username mean?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts