GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well if you all remember, my Yukon was in the shop for 2 weeks for an elusive wiring problem. No when I make a sharp right hand turn in 2 wheel drive it makes this noise and feels like it is in 4 wheel drive. I looked under the truck and the transfer case is leaking. My mechanic said that it is just easier to just change the axle. He said it will cost about $140 for the axle and about 1 1/2 hours labor. I have never worked on this type of problem before and would like to hear some feedback from you guys and gals.
Like I have said in my previous posts "This is my first GM vehicle and so far I am very didappointed. Nothing but problems. The truck has 53k miles on it and has been well maintained. I should not be seeing these kind of problems.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
How does changing an axle fix a leak? Why does your mechanic recommend changing the axle, and do you trust him?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, I forgot to mention in my first post that the CV joint is grinding so instead of just changing the CV he suggested changing the whole axle (CV, transfer case). Yes I trust him very much so.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention in my first post that the CV joint is grinding so instead of just changing the CV he suggested changing the whole axle (CV, transfer case). Yes I trust him very much so.
Hey Robbiev, if i din't know any better i'd say your truck is cursed, but if he's going to get all these parts for $140 i'd say go for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree chevyloverss, Total bill we be around $300 and change. It is just so fustrating that I have put over $1700 into this truck over the last year that only has 50k miles. I love the truck and think it is by far the best riding truck I have ever driven. I hope this will be the last big dollar item I have to deal with. I wanted to put some nice rims and tires on it but all the problems have ate away the money I had set aside for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts