GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck glove box is labeled Z82 and Z85. I've read that these are both tow packages, but any idea what specifically that mean/include?

My window sticker shows Heavy Duty tow package, Skid Plates, 3.73 Locking Diff, and something about ride comfort package.

Note: i tried to search the forums but the kept getting error about the length of search text.:rules:

·
4,774 Posts
My truck glove box is labeled Z82 and Z85. I've read that these are both tow packages, but any idea what specifically that mean/include?

My window sticker shows Heavy Duty tow package, Skid Plates, 3.73 Locking Diff, and something about ride comfort package.

Note: i tried to search the forums but the kept getting error about the length of search text.:rules:

....Z82 : TRAILERING EQUIPMENT.....Heavy-duty, includes trailering hitch platform and 2.5-inch receiver with 2" adapter, 7-wire harness (harness includes wires for: park lamps, backup lamps, right turn, left turn, electric brake lead, battery and ground) with independent fused trailering circuits mated to a 7-way sealed connector, wiring harness for after-market trailer brake controller (located in the instrument panel harness), (JL1) integrated trailer brake controller,Transmission Cooler and single wire for center high-mounted stop lamp.

....Z85 : CHASSIS PACKAGE, HIGH PAYLOAD FIRM RIDE......Handling/Trailering, heavy-duty includes 35mm twin tube shock absorbers and 36mm front stabilizer bar.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great info Heartbeat!

Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts