GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. New member from Lillington, NC here. I have a question I hope someone can answer. Just bought an 2018 Silverado 4x4 with trailer package. Found a Z82 connector in glovebox with instructions where to plug it in. My question is what or where does the other end of this connector get hooked to? I have a factory installed trailer brake controller in dash and the trailer connections are installed in bumper. So what to do with the other end of this Z82 connector? Thanks, Devon.

·
Registered
16,230 Posts
Most of us have no idea what a Z82 connector is!
If it is the 7 blade trailer wiring connector, the info is in the Owner's manual.

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
Look at GM Bulletin 25.
This is a 7/4 pin adaptor connector for trucks with the Z82 Heavy duty trailer package. It plugs in at the bumper mounted trailer plug.

·
Registered
16,230 Posts
Look at GM Bulletin 25.
This is a 7/4 pin adaptor connector for trucks with the Z82 Heavy duty trailer package. It plugs in at the bumper mounted trailer plug.
TB, a 7 To 4 adaptor, you could be right; but I find it hard to believe some one would not know what that is for.
And, I could be wrong; but I thought the newer trailer connector had both the round 7 and the flat 4 as part of the connector.

BTW, thanks for the bulletin 25 info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts